New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one here hunts these zones ( 1 an 2) I just found out that bow season opens in October. Just got permission to hunt an extensive piece of property. I don't know anything about the area or the deer quality or quantity. I did some research and the #1 B&C came right out of this section of farms. This was back in the 60's

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I have hunted them both. What town is the property in?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Are you in a lease or just scored permission? Zones 1 and 2 have excellent genetics and there are always some good bucks coming from these areas each year. Zone 2 gets a little pounded by the gunners in late Dec and Jan but ZOne 1 has tighter restrictions.

I hunt Zone 2 off Rt 565N near the Sussex Airport.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I have a buddy that hunts pheasant near there. I believe he is on Roy Road.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Yes--we are near Roy Road. Basically the land on both sides of Rt 565 are good hunting although there is some development happening which really stinks.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I believe Zone 2 is open now.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I was actually looking at a Vizsla breeder on Roy Road, but passed. The pheasant club my buddy hunts is real good. I want to try and join when I get my pup well trained.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
My property is Zone 2. I hunt off Sunsetinn I think that is the name of the rd. Across from Sunrise House.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts