New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me there ain't nothing like mid October to early November Zone 10. I just love rut hunting the big rutting swollen neck bucks this time of the rut. Lets me me repeat myself again "nothing like mid October to early November. I just love rut hunting the big rutting swollen neck bucks this time of the rut." You want to talk about "LOVE IS IN THE AIR" well now the big boys are smelling it. There noses are up in the air and on the ground looking for the does that are now in estrus. If I can only get out a certain number of days to hunt with my bow I make them this time of year. Keep in mind this is not the full blown rut yet in Zone 10, that will begin around 2nd week in November Zone 10 but I don’t care its these weeks leading up to this that is what makes for me the best time to be in the woods.. You will be seeing deers all day long and now you should use the calls I mentioned in Part 3, they will come running to your calls. Start using your calls and also bang some antlers, and scrape up the falling leaves on the ground, it all works. Start out with some doe grunts or smaller buck grunts. Remember what I told you all in Part 3 about the trophy grunts. You don't want to use this unless you have a monster rack rutting buck in your area because you can scare the smaller bucks with the trophy grunt call. Remember if you give the biggest, deepest, trophy buck grunt you will be limiting the bucks you will see. You are going to scare a nice smaller to medium size buck from coming to you. Remember that. Just get out and try it.. You will be surprised what may come in during this rut period.Tomorrow I will continue with the the final stages of the major rut and than on to post rut. 
Good Luck.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sounds like the same old plain vanilla advise the magazines print every year.

Besides, lots of blind calling will send most NJ big bucks out of the area, Its strictly a tactic of last resort.

Sorry, had to say it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.