New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
MG, I also hunt in zone 8. I didn't get a permit this year because I am planning on working on my house strait through till the fall hunting season(s) and winter trapping but, my 13 yr old daughter wanted to hunt so I got her into a hunter ed class. She is very excited and wants to get a turkey!:D
I will not say that I am an expert but I have taken turkeys in almost every season I got a licence for in the past. I am saving my good spots for my little girl but I would enjoy getting together with you to show you some of the calls I use and I can lend you some good videos and audio tapes done by the pro's. Also check out turkey and turkey hunting magazine, It's one of the best. It not only gives you clues to help hunt them but you also get turkey biology lessons in every mag.

· Registered
174 Posts
MG....I apreciate the offer. Maybe!
How did you do on Saturday?
My daughter had the adrenaline rush of a lifetime untill I told her not to shoot. The shot was marginal. 40 to 50 yards. She's hunting with hevi-shot 3" mag #6's (20 ga) and possibly could have rolled that bird but for me it was too far. The gun patterns out nicely at 30 yds but it's not tested farther than that.....She did have fun though and wants to go again. Oh yeah....by the end of the day she could have sat down anywhere and fell asleep!:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.