New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there are some bird hunters in here, but does anyone deer hunt this zone?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I haven't this year, but there are plenty of deer there. They aren't very big, but it's rare that you won't see one. There is a couple of deer clubs that hit it real hard. I ran into one guy on Sat. of 6-day and he said this was a very slow year. I've always hunted around the edges of the property.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I used to bird hunt there with my brother-in-laws. It started getting a little too scary, then when they raised the price for the stamp, we all said we had enough. Now we all deer or turkey hunt.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Glassboro is full of deer, but pretty thick. It actually has one of the higest, if not the highest deer density in South Jersey, but it does get crowded in gun season. Bow season isn't bad, and there have been a few monsters come from there...including the number 7 typical for archery in the state. Was a 157+ killed in the year 2000. There are some others in the NJ books from there, but most guys keep their big buck kills from Glassboro a secret.

If you put in the time and work during the winter and spring, you could be rewarded big.

·
Registered
17,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THe woods are gated off at the paved roads & the skeeters are THICK. Due to the dumping practices of the scum that call S jersey home the state had to block off the entire woods. Hopefully the will open up a month before the season.

·
Registered
17,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll give you the low dow on Glassboro... In the last 8yrs the feilds have not been planted. That on top of the farms around being biult up or let fallow has put a hurting on the herd.I have hunted it since 86 & the drastic slid in deer #'s & quality is heart breaking. Oh the shoot 100 deer every year but alot are 50 pounders. The other thing is the ATV & off roads trucks tearing through there EVERY night. All that & the paintball games = my ground that I 've grow up on is dieing. If I could I'd do something about it but the law enforcment can not be every where at once. My bet two stands are 200yrd off a gated road back in the swamp. Every other day for weeks at 4pm a group of 15+ trucks would tear up & down this same trail til it was open enough for tractor trailers. The state put a huge pine across the road but the (4x4's) cut it up. I blocked the entrance & had a note from the state to move. It sucks that this place is dieing

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was there yesterday getting pictures for soccer and to kill some time walked behind the lumber yard. Saw two doe's but alot of scrapes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts