New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hunt near Mountain Lake? my buddy has 5 acres across the street from the lake and his property butts up some nice hard woods. i have been up there a few times and seen some does but no bucks to date.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
i turkey hunt there, jenny jump s.f owns a lot of land over there, and there is some wma, as well as natural land trust or something

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one side up the mountain is posted but the rest is not i am trying to determine if it is jenny jump or not......

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Jenny Jump would extend down to Lake just it road and along 519 and back to State park road to the actual park itself then down along Hope rd toewards Great meadows on North side of hope road. Good area but becoming a bear highway..

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Good area but becoming a bear highway..
Yes it already is. I lived right there and my back yard was Jenny Jump. In the Spring and Fall I had bears in my yard just about everyday. They were all diffrent shapes and sizes and some of them were BIG....

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Used to live not far on Petersburg rd and backyard was bear meeting spot.. Sometimes 5 at a clip. Found a dead one on Hope rd on Jenny jump property by that abandoned farm that is on the property also. Reported it. Hit by a car. Father inlaws old farm was surrounded by Jenny jump and land of make believe properties In hope and we used to see tons of bears whle hunting those cedars.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks- the property i am on is in between radar rd, tamarack and free union (if that makes sense)

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
abandoned farm that is on the property also.
I know that farm well;) Lots of bears.

·
Registered
612 Posts
i have friends that hunt natural land trust and see deer up that way.Be careful around Jenny Jump as they used to hunt around there but got tired of having their stands stolen and argueing with the local clubs that hunt that entire area.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
i used to live on rt 46 where it meets hope road. Wicki stone used to drive the SH*T out of the woods from pequest cemetary through the sand pits at pia costa....don't know if they still do it, but they would shoot everything

Used to see bears on the sod farms across the street ALL the time. Now I live in Union, NJ and i can't hunt as much...sucks.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
anyone hunt up here yesterday/today - any reports? think about hunting up there on Friday

1 - 19 of 19 Posts