New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I expect to get in there during ML and shotgun. I have a really nice piece down there 150 acres or so. Lots of deer and turkey also.

Where do you hunt there? I'm off Rocktown Lamberville Rd.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I use to hunt in a club that has pieces all over that general area. Our piece was almost 200 acres - all woods. problem was once gun season started - deer went nocturnal from all the gun pressure. Openening day it sounded like a war zone. The clubs around us shot up everything they saw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hunt bow, ML, and shotgun. I guess you are not in a club anymore? I know of one club in Hopewell Twp that lost its land to a higher bidder this year. If I could find a small plot to lease myself believe me I would. Something's got to give since the property I used to hunt in Burl Co was sold. I was a little late getting things going to find a place this year as I was traveling a lot out of state for work and before I knew it, I didn't even bow hunt this year. I am going to start doing some serious research to either find a small plot (50 acres or less) that I can lease for myself locally or join a club that has decent land and not too many members. I figure I would be willing to go to a max of $1000 annually to hunt the three seasons plus permit seasons in Hopewell Twp since it is crawling with deer. Even splitting with one or two other guys would be ok if I knew they were good guys. The way I see it, I've got almost a year to work on my grand plan! Good luck rest of season.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Joey - sorry but I only came across your note back to me on this.

Good luck on your search. land is precous and very seldom can you keep it to just yourself -

All of my spots I can see a house from my stand - which i have come to get use to, but its still nice to be completely out in the woods like in Lambertville. Sometimes its best to find the newer folks who have moved into an area - might have 15-20 acres and approach them. might have to settle for bow first butyou just need to get in with folks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts