New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long night with my sick 4 year old son, I forced myself to hit the stand Tuesday morning. I fell asleep at 1:30, up at 4:30, and in the stand by 5:30. I hadn't had much morning activity but I've been hunting this spot for years and knew that it was only a matter of time particularly because of the amount of does in the area. I jumped a few on the walk in which sucked because they blew for a few minutes. I must have scared the crap out of them because I just about stepped on them before they jumped up. Anyway, I climbed in and waited for sun up. I could hear movement in the leaves around me so I knew there were still deer around. Sun poked it's head up and I had a spike cruise by right at first light. Around 6:30 I had a two little ones come in and behind them was mama doe with this guy in tow. He didn't want to sit still but eventually gave me a 25 yard quartering away shot. Grim Reapers did their job. Arrow connected with the pump house and burried into the opposite shoulder. Woods looked like a crime scene and he managed to get 50 or so yards from the point of impact. I found him balled up on a fence line, and the rest is history.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts