New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I hunt off Rt 565N in Wantage which is just a little SOuth of the airport. Good area wtih good genetics but heavily pounded by the gunners.

·
Registered
612 Posts
JR
I used to hunt Andover for years until we lost our lease last year. The property between Goodale rd and Newton Sparta rd. Across the rd from the Stationhouse. It's a new developement not. Where are you in Andover?

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I know your(lost) property. It borders with the Andover Township park.I wish I could hunt that park, over by the soccer field. Lots of Deer in there. I'm off of Yates.Only about 3/4 of a mile from your old property.

·
Registered
612 Posts
That's it. It really was great property and shot some really good bucks there. We had it close to 15 years. 117 ac. just 4 of us. It spoiled me. The township property is huntable. You must obtain a permit. I don't know about this year but for the last couple of years they did. Mostly town residents rec'd them. If I remember correctly, they recieved green acre money so they have to offer to all state residents if it were to be opened for hunting. The deadline dates used to be run in the local weekly paper and it 1st come 1st serve. Have you ever hunted the Lake Aeroflex property?

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Have you ever hunted the Lake Aeroflex property;\.

Is that Kittatinny State Park. If so I,ve been in there a couple of times. Most of it is a NO hunting area. The area that allows hunting has so many safety zones you never no if your legal or not. Not worth it to me .

·
Registered
612 Posts
That's it, It never seemed to get a lot of pressure. But then again I go through at dark going to Simon and Peters. I may take a walk and check it out this weekend with the kids, We still have 20ac on Newton Sparta Ra. The road frontage and part of the swamp that runs toward the golf course.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Fletch , last week I saw a PU truck parked across the street from the new bank. Was that you . Blue ford.It was in that little cutout that goes towards your property??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts