New Jersey Hunters banner

Zone 11 Club Application procedure

7K views 69 replies 27 participants last post by  Cat 
#1 ·
I have discussed this with Jim our President and here is how it works. We are taking applications for the 2006 season. We currantly have 6 propertysthat are leased with approximately 500 plus acres. There are are 20 members on the roster now. These propertys are underhunted with plenty of quality game. All propertys are Hot with Deer,turkeys,duck and goose small game with over 200 Pheasants stocked on semi-wild. We also have access to additional propertys that are not club leased. Our land committe is currently working on additional propertys for 2006 that might include possible Pa. property in the future. Our Ground is in zone 11 from Stockton to Sergeantsville in Hunderdon Co.NJ. No game violations are tolerated. A processing fee of $25.00 per application is required that would go toward the club membership should the application be excepted. Your application is to include the fee when it is submited to us. For a application please e-mail Glenn at Captcat53@aol.com or Jim at jfk1010win@yahoo.com or president.

#3 ·
Dues were posted in several other posts. 1,000.00 initiation with 500.00 dues per year. 1,500.00 to join or 1,000.00 plus 1,000.00 second year or 1,500.00 up front first year. Well worth it. I been in for three years now. This is the Stockton club.

#5 ·
This club will separate the men from the boys. The past members that joined the club have all paid this except for the 5 older members that now hunt for free that really don't actully hunt at all. This is a processing fee to run the back ground checks and related check out fees. Seems as though you either have a better deal or don't need a club. Read some of the other posts and information stated about what we offer. There's a club in SNJ that is 2,000 a year and they manage their herd with quality bucks and I think thats not to bad. Another club around us is 1,000.00 per year with 50 members. You still think this is to high especially when theres chances of pope and young on all our propertys. I haven't taken one on our proprty's yet but have had the oppertunity a couple times.

#6 ·
You have not mention how many members you are accepting into the club. I was just wondering what the odds are.
Lets say you only going to take in 4 members and lets say 40 apply. You make a nice quick $900.00 for the club. I think is only fair if you post how many members the club is accepting and what the criteria would be in accepting such members.

You also mention in a previous post that you had 15 paying members at $500 a member, the club is taking in $7500.00 a year.

500 acres at a minimum of lets say $25 an acre that comes out to $12,500.00 a year plus insurance, plus posters. Just figuring here how you guys are able to run a club with 15 paying members with 500 acres in prime territory. Unless you get a lot of free land.

I'm interested but I sure would like to have much more information before I send in $25 for your club to review an application. In other words this is the first time I have ever heard of something like this.

I'm not even including the birds (250) which are not cheap. I have known your clubs for the last 30+ years, as I have hunted the area since I was a teenager. But again it would be nice to have more details. Thank You Tony

#7 ·
We have been running fund raisers to aquire the additional monies. We have 6 openings now but I would like to see 10 since we are adding additional propertys. Your mathematics are good so now you know why we want to take in more members. We had 2 quit 3 years ago and 3 last year and 2 possibly this year. We have been getting new members each year. The members that quit didn't hunt much at all and its been good for the ones that do hunt.Now that we are taking in new members maybe we can manage things with some other propertys we didn't have a chance to get before.Our propertys have been going up steadily though. We are not going to disclose the actual propertys until an application is selected and we know that you are serious. The process fee tells us that you are.Would you want to be in a club that doesn't protect them selfs.Thers spies all over out there. We don't steal other clubs propertys like other clubs try to do to us.

#8 ·
Tony the days of running the club as old school are over so you know what has to be done today. Raise the dues or take in more members we are faced with. Some Propertys come and go as you know it. If you would like to come to a meeting thats all good with me.If you know our propertys then you also know they are good as well.The birds we usally have a 50 50 at the meetings and that gos toward the birds a little. The added member ships have kept things balanced. When old members leave then new members come in. The old Stockton boys are mostly all gone these days.

#9 ·
The criteria is no game violations from any state. Be able to p [no swearing please] the background test. Be voted on by the general membership upon acceptance of our board committe. We have 6 openings presantly but I am trying to get it raised to 10 and it is under advisment. Why would some one worry about the 900.00 speculative amount the club is said to make when they are getting into a club. I see it as a part of buisness.Some propertys are out ragious and some are resonable. What is the expence related to processing fees. Then there would be a waiting list past the applications. Sorry not every one is going to get in or be excepted due to all sorts of reasons. Usally all clubs have a waiting list do they not. We have used up or waiting list with the members now we starting the process all over again.

#10 ·
CAT this is starting to sound like a novel. As some of the members in this forum know me personally, I have run many clubs before and I still do. I was in charge of the land committee for Barbertown Sportsman Club for over 10 years. Then started my own club in 87' then merge with another club in 01'.
I have never heard of clubs stealing land from other clubs. Properties are out there for any club to bid on, is just a matter of going out there and nocking on doors. A faithfull land owner will not change clubs just for the sake of money, unless he really needs the money. I have land owner, that while sitting on his porch, had other clubs come in and offer the owner twice what we were paying. But he knew what we were all about.
It sounds like you want to sell something without showing the merchandise. How do we know that the land you talking about is all you say it is. How do we know that your club is going to have say land next year. Is no secret that must of the municipalities in Hunterdom County are putting up all their land up for bids every year. Readington, Branchburg etc., etc., to mention a few.
I hope there are no misunderstanding . I'm not trying to drill you here, but it sounds too hush hush to me. Why the secrecy on were the properties are. So you think someone here is going to run over to your leases and offer more money than what you are paying. Someone is probably doing that already, its an every day thing for clubs to go out and bid on hunting land, those are the facts of life.
Now if you are really serious let me know were to send you the $6,000.00 for six members that i have sitting here right now. I would even let you lease two of my leases in zone 10 right in Flemington. But I want to see were your land is and what your club is all about. I will not pay $25 for you to do a background check, the reason for that is that you are not authorize to do that, unless you have access to a secure insuranse or police cp. The only thing your club can do is ask the DFW if a certain person has any violations against them. I can't see your club being privy to private information, like criminal records and so on.
I would like to continue this discussion if you want in private or we can meet somewere. I will leave that up to you. I hunt every day in the Flemington area, and can meet you anywere you want. My email is on the directory of this web site.

Thank You
Tony

#15 ·
not trying to nock your club or any thing but 1500.00 is a rediculous price in my book.. i dont care how good the land is. i didnt pay that much for almost 1000 acres of prime hunting land in southern ill. where 6 of the 10 members shot 130" bucks or better. the biggest scoring somewhere in the neighborhood of 165". i know its not close to home but i would rather take a week or two off of work to go hunt some quality bucks.. just my 2 cents..

#16 ·
Tony you stated you already know where our propertys are and if you know our club then you already know how good they are as well from driving by and seeing the deer and related game there. There are no secrets just we are not going to publicise things to every one that is not serious and has not followed the application process. If you are serious please follow procedures that we have asked. If you have all these other good propertys then what are you wanting to get into another club for? We are considering mergers with other clubs as well which we have been in other private conversations with. Its not about any money either that we need because we can always get that by raising dues or taking less property. Its about building up this club and taking in good sound members that want to hunt and work for the good of the club. Our club is restructured to have comaradity with the other mebers that exist and not be selfish. We don't have any clicks and we work togather for the good of each other.The fee is 25.00 in or out. Please don't misunderstand me, we are not interested in any novels or related continuing conversations like this. We are simply looking to expand the club and if you are interested then send your 25.00 made payable to Stockton Rod and Gun club.

If you would like to call the president I will send you his number if you send me a direct e-mail and a application will be forwarded to you as well. As for others on this site that could vouch for you I have to find out who you are my self and sincerly look forward to doing this so I can introduce my self to you when we meet. You have some legitimate questions and I am sure you could be an asset to our club. At 25.00 we feel we get to see whos serious. When the application come to you then instead of sending the 25.00 you said you won't then send as you suggested the 6,000 with the 4 applications and we will run the back ground checks and bring you in for an interview. I hope this clears a little more up and you can send me a direct mail at Captcat53@aol.com

#17 ·
you say the $25 application fee is just to see who is serious is BS and you are insulting the intelligence of every person on this board. if you are accepting 4 members but 100 give or take apply, your club just happens to pocket about $2500 in non-returnable fees. what a scam. you should just go away

#19 ·
Guys,
Leave the man CAT alone. All the clubs in NJ are doing what they can to get by. He has stated his case and what is available. Either you are in or out.

I personally believe that the $25.00 check should be held and should be given back to you if you are not let into the club but that is just me and how my club works.

He stated 6 people with a possible 10. The people that are going to put up should post that on this board and after the total of 6 is listed wait until the next possible 4 is approved. That way his club does not "scam" or "fundraise" X amount of money from those that are on this board.

Just my .02

RW3
[cool]

#20 ·
Good idea Ray. The 25.00 fee and its dispute sure does show whos serious and who is not or who has the interest or not. The others that just talk are not really canidates for this type of Club and show their real colors so let them talk because it shows who they are and this way we know it up front. The ones that talk the most I have one question and it is whats in your museum that could make you an authority. We have a nice family and we don't want it screwed up by trouble makers or will we allow it. So I am glad to see who is saying these types of negative things. We are not looking for controversy and we know what we have to offer and who we are.

Thank You
(Cat)

#22 ·
Thanks Mack I appreciate it because I have been asking some of our members to sighn up here on this site telling them how good it really is and they have been saying with some of the yaho remarks they are unsure. I tell them this buisness is not for the faint of heart and you can tell who a person is by what they say can't yah.You cant see the person but you know what trail there on.

#24 ·
The 25.00 fee and its dispute sure does show whos serious and who is not or who has the interest or not. The others that just talk are not really canidates for this type of Club and show their real colors so let them talk because it shows who they are and this way we know it up front.
I don't think you can judge the quality of a person/hunter on the fact that they don't want to throw away $25.00 on the hope they're selected to be part of your club. If you have 50 people send in applications, 45 come back with clean records, how do you determine who is worthy of the six or ten memberships? I'm not knocking you or your club but you've got a lot of savy Northeasterners on here who are always going to be a little skeptical on giving money away.

#25 ·
Thats where the interviews come in so we can decifer who is savy or not and best suited for the club. I can tell you this we have had some conversations with several perspective canidates and have found them to be gentelmen and not wise guys or disputers. The final will be voted on by the club membership. We are not looking for self rightous individuals or wantabees.This club is for real and we reserve the right to decide whos who and if you think your worthy step up and don't worry about the details until you are checked out and excepted. When you go for a job interview there are other canidates usally and the the employer usally has the pick of the crop. Thats what we are looking for. Read all the posts and this is turning into a noval I never expected. The instructions are plain and you are either in or out. if your out keep your comments to your self because it only tells us who you are.

Thank You
(Cat)

#26 ·
I must have skimmed over the post about an interview.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.