New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just throwing it out there, if anyone from down below is coming up to my neck of the woods for the shotgun opener I thought it might be cool to meet at Flatbrook Tap House tomorrow night for some drinks and food. DEEP FRIED CALZONES are the best there haha, not exactly health food but whatever. I live about 10 minutes from there which is located on rt 206 in sandyston. Swampbuck also is nearby and lives about 5 minutes from there. Let me know If anyone will be up this way and if you want to meet up and bs a bit. I will probably go regardless because I am due for a calzopm one ha. Thinking maybe 7pm or so. Just post on this thread if anyone will be up this way or there is any interest, either way, good luck Monday and this week, shoot straight!!![up][drinking]

Reactions: mikejd

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes you can, and ill walk with you and crash on your couch haha

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Damn I have to bake Christmas cookies all day tomorrow.

and I'm still upset about Brian. Seriously. They killed the dog!? I mean come on.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Dave, back in the mid 90's, i was going there a lot, my college roomate and business partner lives on Layton/Hainesville rd and we would eat there a couple times a week. They never heard of panzaratti's, it's a south jersey thing but in essence, it's a smaller, deep fried calzone... although a real panzarotti has slightly different dough. Long story short, I asked them to start deep frying their calzones for me and my buddy so you can thank me for that menu item, they said they'd add it and they did. [drinking] Haven't been there in forever.

My brother was also the architect that designed that building right down the street that backs up to the little flat. The owner changed up the shape of the tower but if he didn't, it would've looked like a trout quartering away.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lets stay focused people, the cartoon dog is gonna be ok haha. So whos in for this tomorrow? Also when my dad moved up here and built his house in the early 70s the orginal owner of the flatbrook tap house was from brooklyn and brought the fried calzone to the area, its changed hands a few times and the fried calzone came and went but its now back to stay, i have a pic of my dad and some buddys in 1973 at the bar in there drinking budweisers and eating the famous calzones. When my buddys parents bought it and lived in the house next door when we were in hs we would go and turn the place on at 3 am and get the fryers going and go nuts haha. So actually you can thank me rifleslug!!!! hahah. anyway WHO WANTS TO MEET UP TOMORROW???

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i will also be giving history lessons of the area if we meet up tomorrow i have some really cool fact and info for all you south jersey boys! The farm across the street from my house recived a nice plaque and had a ceremony for the same family farming that farm for 200 years. Eric space has taught me so much about this area and i have some really cool stories so lets meet drink and be merry!

Reactions: shoot2kill8

·
Registered
557 Posts
Wish I was coming up. But waited to long to get cabin or any other place to stay. Tell Elaine at the Tap house Lee Simon and Jaime say Hi. She know. The guy with bad jokes.. LOL Good luck be safe.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
buck154, pass chatterbox and keep going north on 206, about 8 to 10 miles up on the right is flatbrook tap house. pass blue ribbon, gyps , stokes sport shop and fratellis.

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
I'm still upset about Brian. Seriously. They killed the dog!? I mean come on.

SPOILER ALERT:

Rumor has it that Brian's not really dead and that the hit & run scene was a dream sequence.

Brian actually awakes to find that he no longer lives with the Griffins on Spooner Street, but is actually being held captive by a Neo-Nazi prison gang and forced to cook blue meth all day & night.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts