New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had the pleasure of helping out a close friend and his son on his first hunt.
He's a good kid ( 12yrs. old ) with a good head on his shoulders.
He stood with his grandpop, while his Dad, and 2 of us put on a mini drive for hin.
Well, out popped a big doe, and the boy took her down on the run with one shot. A good clean kill. When we talk about trophys, these memories, not only the boys, but his Dad's and Grandpop's are something that will always be remembered. I feel honored that I was able to help out on the hunt that will always be in their memories.

That's what it'a all about boys !!!!

HUNTERS HELPING HUNTERS

·
Registered
546 Posts
Cool Paul!
Ant didn't get one in the am like he hoped in NY so Ryan didn't go out today. He acted like he didn't care, but I don't know. Think maybe it's cause he's already missed three or four this season and is just bummed out about hunting right now.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
SOunds like a good time.

B

·
0 Posts
No Shooting going on up where we where bowhunting, I was hoping the kids would push the deer

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Very nice. Every kid should have the option and exposure to hunting.
Glad you could help make some of those memories.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If his Dad sends me a pix, I'll post it, but I can tell ya first hand that this little guys ears were moved back a bit from all the smiling ;)

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
That is great[up]

·
Registered
975 Posts
That's what it'a all about boys !!!!
And girls too, need to get more women into it, especially in the battle against the anti's. Could you picture linda trying to go one on one against a female bear hunter? Congrats to your friends boy on his first deer, the kids are what it is all about.
Garry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts