New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Youth Hunting Day great opportunity for kids
Next Saturday will be prime time for young hunters to have a shot at a deer before older hunters start shooting.

Rutting bucks were running around all last week, the number of youngsters with the Youth Hunting License is growing and youth hunting days held this year for ducks, turkeys and pheasants were very popular. Other than in special hunts, the general hunting public won't be firing guns at deer until the muzzleloader days Nov. 28-29.

For at least 60 years in our state, supervised young hunters from age 10 who meet requirements have been able to hunt during regular seasons and not one has been involved in a hunting accident.

The minimum age is 12 in Pennsylvania, 12 in New York for small game, 16 for big game, and in Maryland the first bear killed this year was by an 8-year-old girl.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051113/SPORTS/511130331/1002

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Great little bashing!!!
and the antihunters plan a publicity-seeking roadside roadkill rally Saturday on Route 23, where last year a cub was killed by a car before dawn and they tried to blame it on a hunter.
Your the man Jim!!!!![up]

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I'll be out there with my son. :) To bad they don't close the small game season for the day like they do for shotgun season.(6 day);)

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
I'm all for youth day but why can't they move it to the Saturday before the 6 day firearm season?

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Why??? Once the small gamers start shooting up the woods the deer are already spooked!!
Not if you hunt where there really aren't too many small gamers,like where I hunt I didn't see one small gamer.

Even one day of gun hunting wouldn't screw up the deer,but what does screw up the deer is when the youths father and/or friends start driving the woods on that day.It's supposed to be a day to spend with a youth and teach them the morals and ethics of hunting,what is driving deer really teaching them? Wait until you hear the horror stories of youth day.last year on the bowsite guys were posting about people pushing out and trespassing on private lands.

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wait until you hear the horror stories of youth day.last year on the bowsite guys were posting about people pushing out and trespassing on private lands
Doesn't that suck!!! Poor kids learning from idiots! I hope thats the odd happening and not the norm....

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Good luck to all that are going.

B

·
0 Posts
Next week I guess I can count on the kids to move the deer more then the bird hunters:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts