New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***SEE Conrad today, Sat. 11/23, at PETSMART, 60 Route 17 North, Paramus***

Conrad is 1 year old hound mix. He enjoys running around the yard and exploring new scents. Conrad is a friendly dog, he gets excited around people and loves to be petted.

Conrad is a rescue dog, his previous hunting experience is unknown. He would be a wonderful dog for a family with older kids. He available for adoption from START II shelter in Englewood, 201-797-8861 or email [email protected].

See photos and more on Petfinder: Petfinder Adoptable | Dog | Hound | Elmwood Park, NJ | Conrad

Please share his profile with others who might be interested.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I do, I am a volunteer dog walker at the shelter. It's a good little shelter, Conrad has been well taken care of and handled by animal loving volunteers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Best to call the shelter 201-797-8861 and speak to the managers Jodi or Marge. They can tell you all about Conrad and set up an appointment to see him. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
"Most times you can find me with my nose to the ground, curious" IMO one of the first things you look for in a potential blood tracking dog.

Reactions: 2Barrel

·
Registered
850 Posts
I saw this post a few weeks after I lost my weimerainer at 14 years old. I wasn't ready for a new pup yet although i had checked a few out dogs out here and there since but i found myself looking at Conrads listing on petfinder and i finally went to look at him on new years day and after a few days of back and forth i ended up going to see him again over the weekend and took him home. he seemed to be a very loving dog who deserved a good home after living most of his life in a shelter. Many people looked at him from what i was told and no one wanted him because he is on the large size.

Long story short just wanted to say thanks to Doggone7 posting him up here. (not sure if you will see that but thanks again)

IMG_20140113_061010_698.jpg IMG_20140112_104617_283.jpg

·
Registered
503 Posts
That's awesome. I actually tried talking my sister on Block Island into adopting him, but she said he wasn't good with cats. Glad he has a nice home

·
Registered
850 Posts
I dont have a cat but from what i saw at the shelter he was ok with them. he kinda just seemed to want to play with them lol. he would just sit at their cages and wag his tail.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rocster, I am so happy for you both!!! I heard from the shelter that Conrad was adopted and, out of curiosity, checked back here. You’re welcome about the posting, just trying to help the dogs. Thank you for the photos and your post…it is AWESOME to see Conrad in a good home, chillin’ in his bed!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Rocster, I am so happy for you both!!! I heard from the shelter that Conrad was adopted and, out of curiosity, checked back here. You’re welcome about the posting, just trying to help the dogs. Thank you for the photos and your post…it is AWESOME to see Conrad in a good home, chillin’ in his bed!
Doesn't happen all the time but a GREAT STORY on NJH.

bOb....ski

1 - 20 of 20 Posts