New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's up for a couple days of shooting them in 24????

·
Banned
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whatever anybody wants to use...gonna go scout over the holiday weekend....

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
how do you propose to do it? Does the night season start soon? Do you have calls? Im in Im just curious as I have never hunted or seen coyotes except while driving deer

·
Banned
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an electronic call...you can hunt them at night with a permit...I talked to George he might ne in also...we will go to an area that has a good amount and set up in a couple different locations..im thinking putting up tree stands and out the call in a central location

·
Banned
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok..gonna fine s good soot and put out a carcass cam over the weekend..[up]

·
Registered
580 Posts
Please correct me if I am wrong but you can only hunt them at night with a special permit available on 12-15-11. The season for the permit is 1-2-12 thru 3-15-12.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I hunt in 24 there is alot of yotes around when the fire whistle blew when I was out at my spot last week they all started howling and yipein this was right before dark. The night yote season dont start untill Jan.1st. so for now I will smoke one if it happens to walk past my deer stand while im out with the muzzy. I Did get my trappers licence with the intention to set snares for them but I dont have the time right now to check a trap line.But once that Night season starts I am down to go and try and gun some yotes down!!

·
Banned
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right the night season starts in January but if you look at the digest it tells you all the info..page 53 or 54

·
Registered
139 Posts
coyotes are tough to hunt,bring your deer gear and make sure your scent free. get the call behind you its good to give them something to see like a fox Pro jack in the box or a rabbit decoy once they see the call is fake or you near it there out in a flash.I use a fox pro spit fire, rabbit squels get them looking,and I like a female coyote howl. hunt fire cuts,power lines and fields are ideal there site hunters. not much range with T shot in jan-march so let them get close. good luck you'll get them

·
Banned
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Russell you down in the 24 area?

·
Registered
580 Posts
My girlfriend and I went out in feb. one night. We both had chair blinds from dicks that we sat in. I set the fox-pro up in front of us, we were spaced about 60 yards apart. All I can say it is creepy out in the pines in the dark. We also used green sniper hog lights to scan the perimiter. I didnt see anything but my girlfriend said something ran past her blind but could not see what it was. I will never do that again sitting on the ground. This was in zone 24 near where we hunt.

·
Registered
139 Posts
no Im in ocean county,we got our hands full up this way with them,couple trips out you'll see what works I always start the call at low volume and get louder as it goes on. We like to move around when we hunt them. if they come in and miss the shot they might think of the sound as danger so try diffrent things.

·
Banned
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry the pages are 62 and 65... you can hunt them during the day and you need the permit to hunt at night ...

·
Registered
713 Posts
i have been in 24 the last two weekends lots of yote sign .there is a real big one in the allen road area but hopefully not for long..[ninja]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts