New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there was a thread on a Xmas " party " a while back, but I think it went in the wrong direction. Everyone was thinking of a hall rental with ticket prices and all that structured crap. Judging from our picnic get together, that ain't gonna work.
I do sense that everyone would like to get together though.
Since most of our members seem to be from north of the Trenton / Dixon line, why not pick a date, say Dec. 17th ( after shotgun week ) for a Xmas " get together ". Just pick some local watering hole, up north there , set a time and see who shows up.
No tickets, just advertise it and see who shows up. Hell, I might even pack an overnight bag and head up for an overnighter.
Just a thought, but one of you northern boys will have to pick a spot and get the ball rolling.

G

·
there are many places up north....I can mention a few, as Im sure others can also, a good place with great food is the CROWS NEST

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You guys know the spots up there. Look for decent food, reasonable drinks, room to move around, and a casual atmosphere.
Good lookin' barmaids won't hurt either :p:p

It wold be a shame to let the Holidays go by and loose the chance to have a get together.

·
11,226 Posts
If your going to do this In my humble opinion it should be at a hotel/restaurant/bar. this way people will have the option to stay over and not drive! Plus if people from say an hour or more away want to come they wont have to make that long trip back at the end of the night! They can relax and leave in the morning.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it should be at a hotel/restaurant/bar
I'll second that. I think you would get alot more people to attend if they could avoid a long drive home.
It would save me sleeping in the back of my pickup :D

Now we need to elect ( draft ) an organizer :D

Any volunteers ??

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
How about Bazookas in Secaucus Meadowlands, My best man works for the Hampton Inn right across the street, he can probably do u guys/gals good on a 1 night stay.

Oh, Bazookas is like a "Copy Cat Hooters," Buts it nice! There are also many Restaurants and Mill Creek Shopping Mall.

I can do the leg work, but Members need to take this serious! Comments, Concerns, Grips......?

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is this gonna be a bring the wife/girlfriend kind of thing
Bring them both, It will make an interesting evening :D:D

Dsaint004, you have spoken .

If no one else has a better Idea, you got it. Give it a day or to to get input from some of the other members.

It would be nice to have a hotel within " crawling " distance :p

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Oh, Bazookas is like a "Copy Cat Hooters," Buts it nice!
Hmmmmm..."Copy Cat Hooters".....

OK - I'm in - Any place. Any time.

Have beer - Will travel.

...And, a place to sleep within safe walking distance is a really good idea!!! [cool][up]

1 - 20 of 110 Posts