New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it was posted yesterday that X-Bow inclusion was for deer only. Now on the F&G Web site it says X-bows are available for all game speicies huntable by bow? If that's the case, I'll get one for chuck control at the farm[up]
The most significant amendment adopted expands the definition of "bow" by removing the prohibition on all draw locking and draw holding devices and by including crossbows in the definition. This allows the use of crossbows in any bow and arrow hunting season and other hunting seasons for all species where the use of bow and arrow is allowed. Crossbows must have a minumum draw weight of 75 pounds and a minimum stock length of 25 inches.

·
Registered
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Curious, why not a 22 or 22-250
farm property is leased from conservation group. farm is 300 acres out of 750 preserved. Tree hugger folks like to hike & bike, and asked us not to use guns for farm pest control during the day, so we use bows for chucks, deer and squirrel during the day. At night, guns are just fine-and generally limited to deer depridation.

I know what everyone thinks-we're wasting animals. But there is no waste. The meat is donated. And as for the farmer-he loses acres of corn, pumkins squash and stawberrys every year to deer-It costs him a bundle even with the 20+ deer we take on the farm permit annually before the start of the regular seasons

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I know what everyone thinks-we're wasting animals. But there is no waste. The meat is donated
Okay. As I said I was just curious. But now also I was under the impression that on a depridation permit the animals could not be moved or donated? Thought they had to be killed and just left. Or is that a misconcecption???

TXS

·
Registered
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thought they had to be killed and just left. Or is that a misconcecption
Definately not the case. We receive batches of 20 transportation tags with the permit. You can take the meat. But NOT THE HIDE OR RACK. Those must be left in the field. Of course we try to focus on does. But if the farmer sees a particularly pesky buck-he'll drop it in a minute

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.