New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New in Box, Bushmaster M4 5.56MM A3 flat top. This is legal for NJ, NY, CT and MA and must be sent to your FFL. Here is a link to Bushmaster's web site.

http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_PCWA3X_14M4IZ.asp

Bushmaster M4 Type "Post Ban" Carbine

Product Description:
This Bushmaster model offers features that make it legal for sale in States where restrictions similar to the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 are still in place. A 14.5” chrome lined M4 Type Barrel with a permanently attached “Izzy” Brake yields a 16” overall length (BATF legal) barrel. The Buttstock is a fixed length “Tele-style”unit, but it is not collapsible in order to conform with those regulations. Magazine capacity is limted to 10 Rounds, and the Bayonet Lug is milled off on this “Post-Ban” model.

Light forged Aircraft Aluminum Receivers with Hard Anodize finish). Upper Receiver of A3 model includes Picatinny rail for unlimited sight, scope or optics mounting, and removable A3 Carry Handle with 1/2 M.o.A. dual aperture rear sight.

14.5" M4 Profile Barrel chambered for 5.56mm NATO/.223 Rem. caliber – Chrome Lined in both Bore and Chamber for long wear and ease of maintenance – fitted with a fixed & pinned Izzy Muzzle Brake for an overall barrel length of just over 16” (BATF legal). Barrel finish is mil. spec. Manganese Phosphate for protection against
corrosion and rust.

Front Sight is AR Type Base with Square Post – adjustable for elevation. Rear Sight is an A2 Dual Aperture type – adjustable for windage and elevation.

A fixed length “Tele-style” Stock offers light weight, carrying ease and quick handling. Carbine length Handguards have internal aluminum shields to protect against heat build-up in rapid fire sequences.

Shipped in a Lockable Hard Case with Operation and Safety Manual, 10 Round Magazine and Black Web Sling.

One Year Bushmaster Warranty

Price: $1,200

Payment: USPS MO only.

Shipping: UPS Ground with tracking, $21. **Insurance is extra.**

Note: Must be shipped to your FFL.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Can any of you black rifle owners let me know if this is the current price?
Would I have to pay for the service of a FFL?
How would I find a FFL?
I've read that some shops have AR's without a wait now, any help would be appreciated. I've had an interest in buying one but still feel uneducated with the whole process. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
mine(well not mine anymore) was bought new, not a flat top, for like 1240 after tax, ncis check, etc.. i think it was about 1150 or so NIB, before the other charges.

I saw one in a local shop yesterday, the same one I purchased, same shop, for under 1200.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He is jacking the price a bit trying to capatalize.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=133674505

This guy is local and this is a NJ legal gun... only difference is this is not a flattop (which will cost a few hundred more)

I am not sure how an asking price of $100 less than MSRP is trying to capitalize. But, I respect your right to an opinion.

Now with regard to comparing apples to apples. I am not sure how a Fixed carry handle gun, that even you admitted sells for several hundred dollars less is a valid comparision.

A2/fixed carry handle configuration is a dog in today's market. That is what was in use in the 1960's when there was no red dot sights. The A3/flat top gives you the option of using the carry handle or removing it and installing a red dot sight.

Since I am not an FFL, Gun store nor web site. I called the 3 closest gun stores to me and asked about the gun that your linked to. The first two told me that they do not order , nor will they accept fixed carry handle guns from any AR manufacturer. The third one told me that they do order them occassionally and they sell 15-20 A3's for each A2 that they finally do sell. When I told them the price, I was told that is below dealer cost and he is trying to dump it since they don't sell.

I guess the proof is that not only could Mr Flynn not sell the A2, he could not even get a bid on it in a 3 day auction. He also marked up the shipping almost 200%. I can ship a gun to NJ for $9 less than he can ship a gun within NJ? It does not cost more than $12 for him to ship the gun within NJ. He is trying to capitalize and mark up the shipping for the money he is losing on the gun.

As for dealing with the local guy. I wonder if Mr. Flynn will be paying any bills for the customer's who buy from him? In these hard economic times many guys would like to save 7% sales tax, or about $80 dollars on sales tax that could be spent on ammunition. Haven't you ever shopped on the internet to save some money? I guess I must be the only one.

As for service, if there is anything worng with the gun, it will go back to BM anyway for warranty service. Which is excellent by the way.

AS it says in the title of my ad, this gun is legal for NJ and all other AWB states.

Price now $1,170.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=134788253

Sorry, my mistake... wasnt aware the flattop uppers were well under 200 now. So do the math, 800+125+any tax and nics... still under $1000. And if you're the same sureshot that is in lakewood, why would taxes not apply to you? And why would you ship the gun in NJ anyway, it just tacks an FFL transfer onto the NJ taxes.

I'm not going to debate Jims busniness practices with you... but hes only charging a bit more for shipping than you are... so how is that doubling the price. And I know Jim personally and can tell you he only charges a bit above what the gun costs him and $25 for an FFL transfer... $40 with nics. Coming on here and being abrasive on your third post isn't going to help you sell a gun... lowering the price might.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bump for NIB Bushy A3.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
$1,140.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I beleive it is Federal law that new guns going across state lines must be rec'd by an FFL. Who then does the NICS check.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1,100 email me please.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bump.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
$1,050.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.