New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to pick one up for my boy for Christmas. :)

If anyone has one lying around and willing to part with it let me know. Have cash on hand. PM me with contact info.

Thanks!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I had no idea they made it in a .22. I've always wanted a model 94 in the classic 30-30 but never had a use or it here in jersey. I see they also make it in the .17hmr.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mallard... was looking local. I like to see what I'm buying ;) I was looking at the Henrys... they're nice too but just not what I'm looking for.

Skippy - they stopped making them in 05 i think... they are sweet little guns... I grew up with a 9422 so I'd like my boy to follow suit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That is not the intent of the question. Colt45 never said it was up for sale but a basic forum rule is if you put an item up for sale you should post a price. It will avoid questions and confusion.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Auction sites are asking and getting $800-$900 for these now. If you shop around north and west of the Jersey border, you may find one for less, but if it's in decent shape expect to pay more than $600 for one.

·
Registered
453 Posts
redcloud my son has a win 2294 22 mag, great rifle, he bought it with paper route money when he was twelve. but be advised that there were two models when they first came out. one was the short look alike 94 and a long barrel rifle model. many years ago I had my hands on the longer model up at kittery trading post and blinked. I would go on gun broker even if it becomes a belated christmas gift. its a great gun to own. I bought a win 97 riot 12 ga on gun broker without a problem. i used a local gun shop here in pa for 20.00. they have a list by state of gun dealers and what they charge to transfer the gun. many guys on here talk about jim flinn , i bet he is on the list.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
When it comes to lever-actions, the only alternative to the 9422M is Marlin's discontinued 1894M, but only 12,000 were made, so they are pretty rare and command a hefty fee today. "New" would be the Henry. They make a few different models in .22 Mag.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Setter,

Thanks for the tips. When I buy a gun I buy it for life. I did look at all the lever guns in 22wmr... the 1894m and the 9422m would be the only 2 I would consider. Being that the 1894m are hard to come by and the parts even scarcer I'm leaning toward the 94.

Bob,

I'm sure your boy loved the it, it's quite a gun. I'll keep looking local, but if nothing I may have to go the gunbroker way...

If anyone's got any leads let me know. I'd greatly appreciate it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts