New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for
A starter bow for my girlfriend, something that she can pull 30 to 40lbs , 27 to 28 inch draw, tying to find a cheap package just incase she gets over it then it won't burn a hole in my pocket, pm me or text
Me 6096108211

Thanks
Dom

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Nuclear Ice only goes up to 29 # draw length. My 9 yr old has already outgrown his. Go to archery talk. There's a whole section of youth/ women's bows and some good deals right now. Take a look at Parkers, Diamond Edge and Martins as they will probably be in the price range ur looking for. (also look at Browning!)

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Draw Length Range: 26in. to 30in.
Peak Draw Weight: 50 -- 70 lbs.
Let Off: 80%

with 80% let off tho it might be around what she needs??? more then welcome to come try if your close by?

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
same thing with my bow. very short and dont need a bow press. still have all the paper work and its a 2011 bow can beat it... i just want a xbow and wanna sell this to get it lol

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
How tall is your girl friend? 27-28 inch draw is a little longer than many women would shoot. I would suggest you get something that is very adjustible like the diamond razor edge where you can go from 19-29" draw length by rotating a module and the draw weight can be adjusted from 30-60lbs. Good thing with a bow like that is if she decides it isn't for her you could probably shoot it yourself. My wife is 5'5" and only has a 24" draw so I bought her a youth bow to accomidate her shorter draw length. To get her into shooting you need to insure the bow fits properly or she will never enjoy it.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
id go with a Hoyt Ruckus my daughter has one and its a sweet little bow with in 30 minutes of shooting it she had a golf ball size shot patter at 20 yards

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I have a parker side kick extreme and LOVE it. It's adjustable 40-60# (they have same model lower poundage) and it's adjustable from 18-28 draw. Plus they have the "grow" with Parker program. Since 35# is legal in NJ to hunt I wanted something I could use for awhile. And it's decently light and not too expensive. I think my package was around $350.00

1 - 20 of 31 Posts