New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
I am looking to buy a .32 or .36 caliber muzzleloader for squirrel hunting this year. If someone wants to sell theirs let me know also i am interested in casts for making round ball. [up]

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have this with all the necessary accessories for $3,200.

A .36 cal PA Flintlock Rifle, Bucks County Style
This gun was purchased at the 18th Century Artisans Show in Lewisburg, PA on February 4, 2011. In like new condition.
It was built by Tim Williams [ https://williamsflintlocks.com ] from Hedgesville, West Virginia. It is a combination of both an Andrew Verner style (1780~1790) and a John Schuler style (1800~1806) rifle.
It has a 44” Rice swamped barrel and a Ditchburn lock and is 59 ¼” overall. The Thimbles, side plate, nose cap, patch box & springs were handmade by Tim in his shop.
He also made the silver star and did the inlay silver work. It has some light incised and relief carving. Marked on the underside of the barrel.

It isn't cheap but its a work of art and very accurate. I used it for squirrels a few times.....

·
Registered
965 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Thanks for the information. I will attempt to get out there this weekend. Might be hard with a two week old tho.[lol]
Maybe I can sweet talk the wife. [kiss]
Put some cash in your pocket because a lot of the vendors don't take credit cards and there are guys walking around with guns they are selling with signs on them "For Sale" and you can get some good buys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts