New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a few months now for a Smith and Wesson 686 in a four inch barrel... but they are even tougher to come bay that ARs and glocks. I would settle for a 586 at this point. If anyone is selling one or knows where to find one, let me know.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Great gun. The 4" 686 was my first handgun. I've bought a few more through the years and I love them. I was looking at the prices recently and was rather surprised at how much they are going for these days.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Arms-n-ammo has a few. He's down in Waterford, Camden County. Good guy. He gets some cool stuff in too. I'm not sure what you are looking to pay.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
The L-frame was a good move on S&W's part to bridge the gap between the big N-frame and the K-frame. It has proven to be both durable and accurate. I've sold some handguns the last couple years but can't seem to part with my S&W's.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
dont settle,,, wait till u find the one u want,,, its a great gun,,, i got it with the 7 shot cylinder,.,.. u wont regret it
My Bro has the same model and its a real sweet shooter!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I saw makhunters 686 yesterday, good looking piece, and the trigger has been worked, its a beauty.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dont settle,,, wait till u find the one u want,,, its a great gun,,, i got it with the 7 shot cylinder,.,.. u wont regret it
I dont really consider it settling so I guess I misspoke. The only difference is the 686 is stainless and the 586 is blued... it makes cleaning a bit easier but other than that I dont care. I actually had a 7 shot model in my hands yesterday but need a 6 shot in case I decide to shoot competition with it... oh well.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Arms-n-ammo has a few. He's down in Waterford, Camden County
Do you have any contact info for them... I couldnt find it online

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a 686 w 6" barrel and scope I was looking to sell or trade for a 22-250. you could always get a 4" barrel for it.
Thanks for the offer but it would cost me more in the long run but thanks for the offer.

there are dozens on gunbroker.com
I have been looking on gun broker but most sellers are asking for more than MSRP... add on shipping and ffl fees and the wonderful NJ NICS fee and the prices are 100 to 200 more than you could find in an NJ gun shop. Thanks for the tip though.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
He's a good guy. I just bought a few of AR receivers off of him. He has quite a few more in stock too.

www.arms-n-ammo.com
609-412-3955

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Like Whiskers said, Makhunter has one for sale. Look on the general comments page in the Makhunter thread. Nice piece.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mak, how much are you looking to get for it?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Try to find a older model without that silly lock if you can. The firearms guild usually has a nice selection of used stuff.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mak, returned your pm.

I tried firearms guild... and every other shop I could think of. I have it on order in a few places and they cant seem to get one for me. I call other shops weekly but Im having no luck finding one.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts