New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into the puchace of a muzzleloader but here's the catch. I DON'T WANT AN INLINE I'm looking for a more traditional flint lock in possably a .50 or better yet a .45 cal. the time period woul be the 7 years war (french and Indian).

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2barrel thanks I've heard about these guys. I'll check'em out.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Ghostbear...If your serious about the time period F&I war your looking at a smoothbore. If your serious about historically correct then your only option is custom built, either specific for you or look for a used one. Keep an eye on the following site. www.trackofthewolf.com

Dixon's is a good resource also as mentioned above.

Here is a pic of mine which is historically correct. It is 20 gauge with a 48" barrel that was hand made to meet the exact dimensions of only a small handful of originals that were found in a Carolina's dig. Not many originals from that time period survived. Don't mind the horn it doesn't fit the time period but I love it.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again. I would like to get a smooth bore as well. I would like to get a rifle. I'll have to look around some.....thanks.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool. My budget is right around 2 grand.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a lyman deerstalker flintlock I would sell, its a .54 cal and also a left handed gun so maybe not what you are looking for but if you have any interest shoot me a message with yor e mail and I can send you pics.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the offer, but a lefty won't work for me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I understand flintlock takes concentration to shoot and I would not want the distraction of the hammer dropping any closer to my face than it has to be!!!

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, I hear'ya, But I just love the flash and boom!![up]

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have a 20 ga French Fusil de Chasse. Bought at dixon's gunmaker's fair from tip curtis for about a grand in the white. It is a great gun and with a lot of practice you can get good at shooting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts