New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
I'm looking for a mini 14 for a decent price, I'm getting into coyote hunting at my property in pa
You may want to rethink your firearm selection. Semi-auto rifles aren't legal to hunt with in PA. Only MANUALLY operated arms.

Firearms For Hunting Furbearers: It is unlawful to take furbearers, including bobcats, with shotguns using shot larger than size number
4 buckshot, or implements that are not lawful firearms, bows or crossbows. Manually operated rifles or handguns of any caliber, manually
or semi-automatic shotguns and, bows and crossbows can be used. Persons hunting for furbearers, including coyotes, foxes, bobcats,
raccoons, skunks, opossums and weasels, may use gun-mounted lights that do not project a laser-light beam.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
For pred hunting u can I believe
Read that excerpt I coped from the PA DEC website for taking furbearers.

Semi-auto shotguns YES, rifles NO.

·
Registered
12,709 Posts
here's a mini14 ranch - newer model starting serial number 580 which i'm told are more accurate:
The difference is the ranch rifle has a scope mount. The other does not.

Pretty sure auto loading rifles are illegal for all hunting in Pa. Even squirrel.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Pretty sure auto loading rifles are illegal for all hunting in Pa. Even squirrel.
Yep, it's not a "lawful firearm." You can shoot them at any range but can't hunt with them.

·
Registered
12,709 Posts
Then the ranch is what you want nico. A little more money but worth it. Those B Square scope mounts they sell for the regular rifle are crap. Never stay zeroed.

·
Registered
590 Posts
if you are interested, I would be willing to sell the mini14 ruger ranch by itself with the extra 10 round magazine for $600.

If you are going to buy scope rings (standard weaver rings won't work for the rifle) then you might want to consider purchasing my package offer. The American made Redfield Revolution 3-12x40 scope (now owned by Leupold) has accu-rangle reticles which is designed with 300, 400 and 500 yard markers inside the scope. It's a $200 plus scope, and I would sell it for $175 which includes the $30 rings. You would basically be getting a $200+ scope that is in mint condition (bought about a month ago) for $145 and it's already sighted in. Just to be clear, the total cost for the scope and rings is $175. The rifle alone with one extra 10 round magazine $600.

http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/article118331.htm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.