New Jersey Hunters banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Marlin makes a nice 35 rem. Great deer gun out to 150 yrds top, no big recoil either.
Thats what I Have

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I shot a few older Marlins and Winchesters, been checking them out at shops lately and the newer rifles have a different feel. Cheaper? Not sure, I just don't think they feel as nice as the older ones.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Trust me I know that pain but check the MAAC schedule alot of shows coming up in the poconos not far from you and one coming up in January at Matamoras. Not far either and a nice Sunday afternoon out..

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Sad..remember in the 90's you could buy a marlin or winchester lever 30-30 for 199 when they were on sale from around 229 normal list. Quality goes down price goes up.Always figured they'd be inexpensive cause their price never moved for years.. I've always said a man needs a 30-30 in his safe for fun and to hand down to his son or daughter. Now that I don't have one anymore I kick myself with my 11yo starting to rifle hunt.
Lesson I learned the hardway..When you get this rifle or other guns hang on to them. Over the years I have sold/traded/gave away/lost in divorce, several I'd love to have back.. Winchester pre 64 30-30, Remington semi 16 ga (Manufactured in the 40's). Remington 742 .308, S&W 686, S&W model 10, older 30-30 can't remember manufacturer bolt action beautiful blonde stock on it bought it for 40 bucks traded it and got 50 on the trade, little .25 cal pistol bought for $40 [wallmad][wallmad] Oh well I am thankful for the ones I still have and look forward to getting in the future.

·
Registered
12,709 Posts
You just missed the Harrisburg Gunshow Angel. It was this pasy weekend. You could have definetly found what you were looking for.

The hard part would have been just buying what you went there for.

[hihi]

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
The hard part would have been just buying what you went there for.
I'm in trouble. Little does my wife know that the gun locker she bought me has been over-stuffed since the day she bought it. I have shotguns and rifles stashed all over[ko]
"Huh? ....that's not new, I bought that about 6 years ago....waaaaaay before we got married!"
She asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said I need a gun safe. She said "What about that locker I bought you?" ....uh We NEED a safe ......it's safer[lol]

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
I'm in trouble
I was busted this week, but I sold a gun to get the new one, she thinks I didn't spend any extra cash...[lol]

Me: I love you, babe!
Wife: You just bought another shotgun, didn't you? [kiss]

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Only if my wife new how much money I have spent on guns
And hunting gear , wow I think her head would blow up.
The new 30-30 rounds are sweet more stoping power,better distance , better groups. Good luck angel

·
Registered
12,709 Posts
"Huh? ....that's not new, I bought that about 6 years ago....waaaaaay before we got married!"
Hey you stole that line from me! [hihi]

When I die I hope the wife doesn't sell my guns for what I told her I payed for them. [confusedagain]

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Miles, not ready for a .444 just yet. I'm a small guy and plan on shooting it a lot.
Look for an older marlin in .44 mag. Leverevolution ammo is available in .44 mag for hunting. Being it shoots both .44 special and .44 mag it's cheap to shoot compared to the other calibers, exception .357 mag so you can get a lot of trigger time and not break the bank.

·
Registered
15,483 Posts
i have a marlin in .44 mag awesome gun,,,

When I die I hope the wife doesn't sell my guns for what I told her I payed for them.
Steve dont worry she wont, i already made her an offer, i explained to her how they were old and used and would be worth about 1/4 what u told her they costed,,, she said ok theire mine for that price [up]:p :D

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.