New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm open to many calibers. 30-30, 35, 32 w.sp 45-70 etc.
Looking for a quality used rifle. I'm looking for a bargain. Got something in the safe collecting dust, shoot me a pm!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Can I be the first to say you really need a bolt action in 270.:D I remember how your last question went.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Miles, not ready for a .444 just yet. I'm a small guy and plan on shooting it a lot.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry I do have a Marlin 336 in 30/30 collecting dust but like you I have a young son and will hold it for him (it was my first deer gun) I saw a few for sale on want ad digest and took a look at gallery of guns and the new Marlin 336's go for alittle over $400.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I'm gonna go with the same set-up for when I hunt the adirondacks. I'm either going for the Henry 30.30 that comes with the Ghost ring peep. Ot the Rossi Rio grande also in 30.30 and will put a peep on it. Skinner are nice peeps, there are a few other ones too. The peep will make it quick pointing fort deer on the move.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I killed my first buck in ny state in my teens with a marlin lever in 35 remingtom

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Firearms Guild had a used synthetic stock lever in 30/30 for under 4. They also have a 41mag lever, but thats going for a bit more.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts