New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Both Case and Puma hold an edge pretty good. There are tons of them on Ebay. You can find an older Buck fixed blade on Ebay too. The new ones are pretty soft.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
I just bought a "knives of alaska" knife and it is a very good knife. Hold a efge very well and the handle on it is great.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Quote:
I am looking for one that holds a blade as well

Not a Buck knife then.
You are right about that. I have a Buck knife that was sharp out of the box and went dull after processing one deer. I prefer Shrade.

Then again it all depends on the sharpening technique. If it is done properly finishing up on a hard Arkanasas stone just about any knife will hold an edge. A feathered edge like that obtained from these commercial "short cut" sharpening methods will not last as long as the fine edge achieved using Arkansas stones.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
Post up some pic of the custom made ones and prices. I am looking for a wedding gift for a friend. Or you can email me [email protected]

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Buck Pro-line Alpha Hunter. Comes with lifetime sharpening. I send mine back at the end of winter bow, and have it back in time for spring trout. (The gut hook is perfect for slitting open trout)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.