New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on getting a gun safe so I figured I would check here first.

Open to anything really so post if you have one for sale.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
I love my 2 Fort Knox. If you can, larger may be better.... Space fills up quick..

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one I am looking at is at Costco. However I am learning that safes sold at big box stores are not very secure. This safe will be for protection against theft, so I am now entering a debate on how much I actually want to spend

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Go to Dick's I just got 1 for $149. It's a 14 gun with shelves. It lag bolts to the wall.

I have a 6 gun wood cabinet for sale if yer interested $75.

Good luck in your search.. [rofl][rofl]

·
Registered
4,095 Posts

Less than 2 minutes to get into a gun "safe"

I suppose it all depends on the value of the contents and how much security that you want to buy

However I am learning that safes sold at big box stores are not very secure.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Just don't put cash or jewelry in these units. They can be cut open or skinned really quickly and small items snatched in minutes.

For a real safe, start with 1/2 inch A36 high tensile steel walls and go up from there but then, we are talking about a 4,000 pound unit.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Fortknox, from SafeMan LLC, delivered and installed, friendly, family run company. Lead time was 6 weeks or so, I added some options to boost fire rating and defend against break ins. With the price of steel increasing, these have risen in price over the last several years. Cabelas has some good Liberty safes as well. The easy in and out system, in my experience, does not really hold all the guns it claims it can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts