New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about picking up either one of these guns in the near future. Dont know if I am ready to right instantly but that will depend on the deal.

Anyone have one for sale used in decent shape?

I am torn on which one to buy since they are very different (size and caliber) but I want both and only have 1 permit :D

Post up what you have and I will probably just make a game time decision [up]

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
buy a sig.
Got one already :D

Just dont have a Glock yet...

Would really like both guns but like I said I have just 1 permit and dont feel like going through the ringer again getting another one. Even though this is a WTB thread I welcome opinions on either gun to help me decide which I want more [rofl]

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Ask some of these questions:

Which would you prefer to shoot more often 9mm or .45?
Are you missing one specific caliber in the lineup you have?
Cost of Ammo?
Compact vs Subcompact?

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ask some of these questions:

Which would you prefer to shoot more often 9mm or .45?
Are you missing one specific caliber in the lineup you have?
Cost of Ammo?
Compact vs Subcompact?
Here is the problem with this decision for me...

- I like shooting both 9mm and .45 equal (other than .45 cost alot more lol)

- I am not missing any calibers in the lineup, these would be in addition to other guns

- 9mm is cheaper to shoot and to go plink with but I have a lot of .45 ammo already so dont mind shooting .45 right now. But in the long run 9mm will save me more $$

- I have both compact and sumcompact guns and much rather a compact over a subcompact but they do not make a Glock in .45 in a compact [mad]

The reason I am interested in the 30 is I just shot it for the first time last weekend and i loved it. It wasnt really an option until I shot it and enjoyed every trigger pull.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Sounds like you would be happy with the 30 even though it is a sub compact.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like you would be happy with the 30 even though it is a sub compact.
Yeah I think I will be. Honestly I think i will be happy with either gun. That is what is making it so hard!

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
You should compare them side by side to see which one fits in your glove box or console the best [up]

·
Registered
713 Posts
Don't over look S&W M/P 40compact great gun .
Which leads to a question ...
I have a S&W MP 40 What if I swap out barrels for a 357 Sig(magazines are the same .40/357 sig are the same)
Would I need a seperate permit for the second barrel?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a S&W MP 40 What if I swap out barrels for a 357 Sig(magazines are the same .40/357 sig are the same)
Would I need a seperate permit for the second barrel?
The barrel swap will work but you may not want to do it. The gun may wear different with the two different calibers. No you do not need a permit to purchase the barrel the frame of the handgun is the "firearm" it contains the serial number. A barrel swap is like changing grips or sights.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The 30 is great. You can put hole on hole at 23 yards...only thing is its a little wide for comfy carry...a 3in 1911 or a walther pps in 9, or 40 would work.
you can just go all out and get a Glock 20C and be a real badass....[rofl][rofl][rofl]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Glock 19 has a great feel/recoil for its size....glock 30 has got alot of recoil....the 19 would be cheaper to shoot and probably more comfortable

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ttt

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
You make up your mind yet remmingtonman1108? Was hoping to see pics of your new glock already :D

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You make up your mind yet remmingtonman1108? Was hoping to see pics of your new glock already
not yet! I am hoping someone will post one of the two guns in here for sale! [rofl]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts