New Jersey Hunters banner

wtb collars?

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  bucknut22 
#1 ·
anyone have a 2 dog set up i have two 9 month beagle males that are started i bought them from a breeder in south carolina and he said to get them on a collar they are started but i guess they may still run a deer gotta break that let me know thanks

#10 ·
No its not, unless your low income. But who cares about thier feelings anyway. We need low income people to do the shitty jobs
Kolby, have no idea what your problem is but I will explain what I meant in the event it offended you.

The cost of a new Tri Tronics setup is minimal when you take into consideration all the other factors of having hunting dogs.
The cost of the animal, up keep such as Vet bills, food, housing, licensing, time for training, hunting license etc etc. The costs are endless and ongoing when you have huning dogs.

My point was not to belittle anyone but to point out that if you are going to get involved with hunting with dogs the expenditure of a few hundred $$$ is not a lot of $$$. The yrs of service you get out of it will be well worth it.

Let's face it, there are people that will not spend the $$ on something like the collar, new gun or whatever but will spend twice that on their daily beer allowance over the course of a month.
And we all know you don't really buy beer, you only rent it. [ko]

#12 ·
If we loose a dog or the dog runs a deer we got more trouble than what the collar will do don't we?

I only had Abby run a deer once so far on me and she ran the deer right to me as in she wanted me to shoot the deer. I tried to whoe her and she refused to listen I guess I needed a collar then to force her to listen but she came right back after i whisled her she turned off the deer. I grabed her by the sruff of the neck and shock her and she understood.

Theres used collars around but why get into a used with the possibilty of any problems. Buy a new one like CF says and add to it. I've had 3 collars now and never zapped the dog yet I have not learned to use them and sent 2 back and now have a Tri-tronics Sport Upland G3 with a beeper that you can buy extra recievers to train up to 3 dogs.

I might consider selling it for 300.00 new and never used this unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.