New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking locally for a place to get Either Apple tree prunings or chips for my smoker. I'm located in South Amboy so anywhere in middlesex county would be fine. Any suggestions

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Can you plant an apple tree in your yard?
It will take awhile till you can trim it for material but it sure is nice to just walk out in the yard and cut as you need. Nice and green for smoking, no need to soak.
I always use Apple in my smoker.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I'm going to prune my apple tree this week if I find the time. let me know if you want to make a trip to long valley & you can have all the prunings. otherwise It's going in the chipper.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I'm looking locally for a place to get Either Apple tree prunings or chips for my smoker. I'm located in South Amboy so anywhere in middlesex county would be fine. Any suggestions
Im having the same problem without any luck. Im going to try Chef Central in Paramus but they are closed on Sundays. [wallmad]

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
i can't believe the farmers won't give you any.
friday i talked with a apple farmer, while he burned a huge pile in the field. i can get all you could ever want, but your way up north.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I have a pear tree which needs pruning every year. Im farther north than long valley though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts