New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wtf. Got to our lease and the wind was wrong for the tree I hunt. Since the wind was wrong I had to walk the long way in. Got to the tree I need to hunt for this wind and started to peg up. As I got 3 pegs up I had to go thru poison ivy for 5 feet or so. Then I had my newer ezy climb peg and it sliced my finger wide open so I am sitting here bleeding all over thinking it can get any worse when I feel something crawling on me. It turns out there is an ant nest up here w/ me and they seem to like having me up here cuz there all over me my bow and my stand. First deer out is getting it and I am getting down. But my wind is perfect.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
be careful of the open wound when your gutting. You dont want to give your hard earned trophy the clap....just kidding a lot of nasty bacteria inside a deer watch out and don't get it infected. it'll make your bad day worse.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
LOL, Captain Black Cloud

Fortunately it's blue skies out otherwise I'd tell you to head for shelter before a lightning bolt strikes your arrow! [rofl]

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I hear ya, I went out Wednesday, but not before I skewered my right thumb through and through with a piece of stainless steel Tuesday afternoon. My doc is a customer, so he took me that night for a tetanus shot before he left the office...in my left shoulder of course. I was a mess dealing with my sit and climb stand between a sore right thumb and left shoulder, but still had a good time.[hihi]

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Good luck Charlie,lol

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I had the wind perfect but they just didn't move until before last light. I set up looking for a big doe I had seen the day before. Well I was in the right tree. She came out and down the trail and gave me a 10 yard shot. My muzzy did the job and dropped her in her tracks. No tracking. She was around 90 lbs

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Nice job Charlie.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
[up][up] Congradulations the kill should stop the poisin itch:)

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well I am done deer hunting for a while ,gonna take a month off and run some rabbits. bunny season opens next week and my freezer is full after the first week of the season ,hunted 4 days this past week and had some great hunts . here is last night doe .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts