New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While out turkey hunting this morning I saw a Bear across the field, The cameraman started rolling film on it. Soon a second Bear appeared and was following the first Bear.
Next thing we know they are up on hind legs and playfully fighting then rolling around on the ground.Then back up on hind feet and fighting alot harder. This went on for about ten minutes..All the time the camera is running [up] Good Stuff
I believe it was a Boar and Sow and they were playing, but I'm not sure....Ain't it early for bears to be mateing?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Hey "Two Bears" was that you out there? [spy]
Are you sure that it wasn't two boars?? If it was boar and sow perhaps it was a premating ritual....same old story - he's ready shes not. [eyeroll]

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It could have been two boars, I just assume it was a Momma and a Poppa...
I wasn't close enough to check [hihi]

·
Registered
352 Posts
Males and females don't hang out with each other unless it's mating time. It's too early for that yet, so it was probably two immature males.

·
Registered
612 Posts
saw a small male[?] walking around the other night while having a cigar on the pourch just right behind the dutch christen school in sussex

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This will be the fifth and sixth bear I've seen this year while Turkey hunting.
Freak'n things are all over the place.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Hey GG sounds like you have been getting some good footage this season. You go out this morning? If so I missed your report post!:D

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You go out this morning? If so I missed your report post!
Yep I was out...Called in 5 jakes from one direction while the two longbeards were coming from the other. The jakes walked past me and over to the longbeards and the gig was up.
I later met up with the Cameraman and I called in two longbeards for him...He dropped one while I ran the camera.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts