New Jersey Hunters banner

wow!! what an afternoon

763 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  MS22 
#1 ·
Three of us went out this afternoon to hunt the property in Flemington. This would of been our last day of hunting for shotgun for us three. The bucks were chasing does all over. I took a nice fat 4 pointer, my friend dropped a 5 pointer that looks to me to be about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 and we took two does. I will post pictures tomorrow, I forgot the camera and the deer's are hanging over my friends house. For some reason this year we have taken two bucks with small racks that looked older then 1 1/2. Tripleplay got a 5 pointer on the opener, when he took it in to the checking station the biologist from the state told him the buck was 3 1/2 and the buck today looks old, he is long and fat with a lot of gray around the face and ears. I think I'm pulling a tooth out and send it in for aging. I don't know why because we know there are at least 4 monster running around the area, one being a 9 pointer with a dropped tine, we call him suicide, he hangs out across the street in between the houses and then tries to cross to our field, wow is he lucky he has yet to get hit by a car.

At this time I wish all of the NewJersey Hunters.com a Merry Xmas and a happy New Years. I'm leaving for a cruise on the 28 and wont be back till the 10 of January. Is a hard live but someone has to do it. I have a lot to catch up till Xmas wife is on my case, and that is a no no.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL

See less See more
#9 ·
Mark down the date of the activity in a log book. then mark 28 days back and 28 days forward and you have your Rut cycle for your area documented for 2005.

Congrats on the hunt!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.