New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a quick count and think we are only something like 242 days until the opening day of the 2012 New Jersey bow hunting season. Hard to believe that opening day will be here sooner than we think. Lets hope that the bucks who make it all the way through till the end of seasons in Febuary put on another 25 to 30% more bone!Good luck to all! Be safe and good hunting![up]:D

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Season should end by now.
shame lots of bucks are shedding and guys are shooting them on last minute doe hunts.
Such a waste to make it till now and then be taken.

Did anyone harvest that big black bear you guys had pics of ????

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm thinking the same way.

I'll hunt jan and feb when a target buck still around. But if I had my choice I'd like to see the season closed.

Too many pregnant does killed now also. Three deer die every time one of them hit the frozen ground.[down]

·
Registered
10,660 Posts
Too many pregnant does killed now also. Three deer die every time one of them hit the frozen ground.
What about the doe I killed in September? She didn't get to breed either and won't be having any fawns this spring. Maybe we should just end the hunting of deer all togheter since they seem to die from it [eyeroll]

shame lots of bucks are shedding and guys are shooting them on last minute doe hunts.
Such a waste to make it till now and then be taken
What's the difference if the buck gets killed by a trophy hunter looking to put a rack on the wall or by a meat hunter looking to put food on the table? Either way it's still a dead buck and the deer meat isn't being wasted [confusedagain]

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Are we hunters or shooters people?
What's the difference?

Maybe your question should have been, "Are we TROPHY BUCK hunters or hunters who enjoy the sport of it whether it be a doe or a buck?...either way we're happy because we connected with the outdoors and put meat on the table"

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
What about the doe I killed in September? She didn't get to breed either and won't be having any fawns this spring. Maybe we should just end the hunting of deer all togheter since they seem to die from it
What's the difference if the buck gets killed by a trophy hunter looking to put a rack on the wall or by a meat hunter looking to put food on the table? Either way it's still a dead buck and the deer meat isn't being wasted
It doesn't happen here often, but when it does it needs to be pointed out. Common sense that is. Great post Best!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Quite a few differences in my opinion.

A feb. doe has made it through the bulk of the hunting season and her future fawns are somewhat developed.

If seeing fawn fetuses in a feb. gut pile is your thing congratulations to you, quite an acomplishment.

Also if somebody still needs meat after four months of hunting deer in NJ he should probably consider another way to put food on the table because he sure as hell aint a very good deer hunter.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Also if somebody still needs meat after four months of hunting deer in NJ he should probably consider another way to put food on the table because he sure as hell aint a very good deer hunter.
Really? So a guy who can only get out for a couple hours every Saturday because of work and family obligations and doesn't get a deer isn't a very good deer hunter and shouldn't be allowed to hunt in Jan? I've said it before and I'll say it again, you guys amaze me.

·
Registered
705 Posts
You amaze me as well, What else must we do to help a casual hunter get a deer?

We now have baiting, crossbows, scoped muzzloaders, 200yd slugguns, 50yd.safety zones, and sunday hunting.

Perhaps a grenade season is in order so some starving hunters can put meat on the table.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Prey what are you an anti hunter I agree with bestnj. Times have changed yes it is apparent that our NJ hunting season needs some chamges but why the bashes of all the weapons. What do you hunt them with a knife and pounce on them out of your tree perch? This thread is suppose to be about preparing and looking forward to next season not about our deer regulations. Highguy I cannot wait for next season I will be able to use my compound again from shoulder season but am not giving up on my xbow completly. Just bought a new stand today on sale and cant wait to be sitting in it.

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Hey, hold on and there is still a lot of hunting left. As for making a mistake of shooting a buck thinking it is a doe, well that is BS. You should know what your shooting at and if you take the time you can see it is a buck that dropped it's horns or a doe. If you spend anytime in the woods you should be able to tell the difference.

If you are not sure just don't shoot.

SS!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.