New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as i know, You cant use a dog to track a wounded deer in this sate.I saw on tv where a badly hit deer was shot bad and tracked with a bloodhound and they found the buck and were able to get a follow up shot in him. Would you sign a petition to allow the use of dogs?

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
No, dogs running in the woods would disturb others hunting. I've had dogs chasing deer while hunting, though it gets them moving it's usually in the wrong direction.
joedjr. I know your not stupid so I will explain how tracking dogs for big game recovory would work the dog in kept on a leashe typicaly a 10 meter long leashe (30 some feet) made of 10mm mountainering rope the dog never is turned loose and if someone ever gets motivated to get legislation writen and moving thru the legislature that is how it would most likely be presented.
If you think about it a dog and 1 to 3 people following that dog is far less disturbance to the hunting grounds than say a grid search by a determined hunter....no?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.