New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just wanted to drop a line on here in regards to a thief that roams Zone 18 and in this particular case Colliers Mills off Route 528 (West Veterans Highway).

He drives a White Ford Super Duty XL with the black front grill, not silver/chrome like the XLT, and cap on the back. It has a company logo and Brick, NJ on the side panel behind the front door. I only got a look at the driver side and it was brief as I was having a conversation with the guy before he actually attempted to steal my cam. He told me his name was Jerry amidst our 20 minute conversation. He's probably mid to late 40s or early 50s, full head of hair that is dark brown to black with some gray in it and a goatee at the time. I'd imagine he is about 5'10 and 185 to 200 lbs. During our conversation, he talked about the Monmouth and Ocean county areas and knowns them pretty well, so I'd imagine he frequents them often. He also told me he hunts the other side of Colliers Mills probably up near Prospertown Lake and Great Adventure and in Zone 17.

Bottom line, he tried to saw through a tree to steal my cam, but he spotted me coming in the woods from a different direction and quickly ran off. He has been reported to the authorities who are actively pursuing him.

If anyone happens to be in the area and spots the vehicle, please write down the license plate number and PM me or email at [email protected]

DO NOT CONFRONT HIM, just get the license plate so the authorities can pursue him.

Thanks all, and beware that he got away and nearly with my cam. I'm sure it isn't the first time he's done something like this and probably won't be the last.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Hey welcome BowhunterNJ,I see you finally found the site. Good luck catching the guy,I had a cam stolen a couple years ago....it sucks.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah DBuck, I had no clue it existed. I'm sure it has been mentioned on other boards in threads I've read, but I thought it was another NJ hunting site that has a not so clean/user-friendly forum format, although alot of good information. I would have been here some time ago if I knew it was different and like I said, the zone breakdown is great! :)

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Ohhhh....we do have our differances here too...lol...but not as bad:D

Reactions: newtobowhunting

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
ha bowhunternj i hunt colliers mills around that area i'll keep my eyes out for that truck for you
ps you get any nice buck pics on the cam post then so i can see all the bucks i'm not seeing lol i hunt mostly of the power lines by the jersey central side of the mills hope to run into the 10 pt on monday that i'v seen in permit bow but not close for a shoot but the gun is a whole new ball game

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I had no clue it existed. I'm sure it has been mentioned on other boards in threads I've read, but I thought it was another NJ hunting site that has a not so clean/user-friendly forum format, although alot of good information. I would have been here some time ago if I knew it was different and like I said, the zone breakdown is great
Glad to see you found your way here Matt. I think I know the other site your talking about, I'll be nice and not comment on it. Good luck finding the guy. I think posting it up is best, he may be afraid to show up there again.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
BowhunterNJ,

First, let me welcome to the site. It's an awesome site with alot of nice people.

I hope you get that prick. Nail his A$$ to the wall and take a pic for all of us.

David

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
If we ever find out who the guy is, I think we should get together one day and kick the living snot out of him! Can't stand mo fo's that steal cameras, and I'm sure in this guys case tree stands as well.

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
If he hunt's (poaches) which he probably does he should lose his license. He's just an ordinary thief in book. Excuse me even worse. That's like stealing from a brother , he has to be an only child.[mad]

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Welcome to the site. I'm sure someone may be able to help you... I've always wanted to buy a few cams but was always worried about thieves...

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
he has to be an only child.
I'm an only child [confused] and I'd never do that!!!
I've always wanted to buy a few cams but was always worried about thieves...

Pages: First Prev 1 , 2
I 've had stands stolen so I know how that sucks!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Hey BowhunterNJ you almost stole my name!!! I;m bowhuntnj. I sure people will get us mixed up....No big deal, and welcome to our site!

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
next time you see him cutting a tree for anything, grab him and cut his @#$%$#& hands off!! hey jerkoff! hope you see this post, and never show your face in the woods again...............[mad]

1 - 20 of 89 Posts