New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
I saw an accident somewhat similar to that when I was a kid. My brother and I were driving on route 80 alongside an 18 wheeler, a deer ran in front of us and was creamed by the 18 wheeler. Our car was sprayed with blood and a hoof bounced off the windshield. It made washing it awfully fun.[mad]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
We had one not that bad in Franklin Lakes where the officer dragged the deer out of the car with a rope, still kicking. He couldn't wait for the .22 we use to dispatch sick or injured animal and shot it with his service weapon. The only down fall was a small group of bystanders watched him do it.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last year while driving on Rt. 80 in PA to my parent's house in the Poconos... the entire west bound lane was covered in blood. I never seen so much blood.

I bet at least 4 deer were standing together in the middle of Rt. 80... and a couple of 18 wheelers creamed them all at once.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
oh god is that hard to look at...even though im a hunter its still hard to look at thinking that it is actually a real deer...not to sound like a wuss but thats just what i think

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Saw this one a year or more ago. I read that it may be fake.

I believe they hit a deer and HARD, but I really doubt there would be blood all over the interior like that.

Plus, where are the stomach contents? Anyone whos opened a deer stomach to see what they are eating knows its like a nasty lawnmower bag, with acorn chunks, grass, corn, something. I dont see any goo in that car, and that deer was cut in half at the abdomen.

So yes, while I believe that it was a horriffic deer/vehicle collision, I dont necessarily believe all the interior photos are real. I think someone put blood all over to make it look worse than it actually was.

I could be wrong, but that was the conclusion we came to on another site when this was brought up there.

I agree too, poor deer![down]:(

Forgot to add, how did blood get all over the drivers seat. If a person was sitting there, Im thinking the blood would be all over them, and not nearly that much on the seat it self. Maybe it is real, but in this day and age, when you see something on a computer thats hard to believe, its usually because it isnt true. Photshop, staged pics, its sad because you cant trust pics anymore.[down]

·
Registered
546 Posts
Just my two cents about the blood on the drivers seat... read one post that said the deer was his by a minivan first and airborn when it hit the trailblazer. I'm telling you if I saw a deer flying through the air headed for my windshield I'm going to be bent over ducking as far as I can into the passanger seat!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts