New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so annoyed. Since opening day I have been out 3 times and I have not even seen a Doe let alone a Buck. I don't understand I was seeing deer all over the place before shotgun deer and now nothing. Is anyone else having the same thing going on with them? This is getting annoying. ???[down]

G

·
Samething here, I mean I only went out on Monday, and normally we would see at least 25 deer and as many as 50 plus, but on Monday I saw 5 bald heads. Sunday Morning Buckfever, TITUS and myself went to bring in there stands, as we took a breather we saw 6 deer, 2 of which where bucks chasing does, they where about 60/70 yards away and had no idea we where there. Come Monday morning they just stayed hidden

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I feel the same way bud....Pa season was worst for me!!! Even my best private properties didnt produce a buck!!! Not sure what it was, the weather or what not, but I know there are bucks out there, but where they were...your gues is as good as mine!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I myself have noticed alot of movement during the

mid-morning to 1pm movement. I have a couple of

trail cams out at other areas and they are reporting

the same. Most of the photos come around 10:30 am.

I think the warming sun and hunter movement are the

reason. I need to check the moon phase, too. I

religously hunt the moon phases, but I just seem to

forget about it during the six day season. This

cold snap and the snow have probably put the big

boar bear to bed for the winter, this is just a

theory of mine.

Till our trails cross,
Ryan

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I agree with wild work. I sat all day Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and saw about 40 different deer. All but a few were seen between 10am and 2 pm. I think I only saw 5 deer between 7-9 and 3-5.
The bad news is I haven't seen a buck bigger than a four pointer and only saw 1 small bear on Monday and Tuesday.
Hopefully the storm will shuffle the deck.
Good Luck To All!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
My bow season went well,But once again no buck with the bow in NYS. Thats 7 years now. And if I don't get a buck Sunday with the Rifle that will be 3 years in a row no buck. 6 day I was only able to go out Monday,Did'nt see a deer. Opening day of ML only saw a spike on the run at 4 pm. So I am on one hell of a rut. Been hunting like crazy since Sep 10 I'm starting to get worn out. And I could go with the bow till feb 18. I don't know if I'm gonna make it. I just want One more. Just ONE.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
For me shotgun season(6 day buck) has always been a bust.If it wasn't for protecting our deer from potential trespassers,I don't know if I'd even bother with it... [down]

·
Registered
345 Posts
I think there is a lot of pressure to get a buck during 6day..Bow season is about 12 weeks and we are happy with 2 bucks..but 6 day rolls around and we think its automatic..Time is against us!!![up]

G

·
overall I can't complaine I had a great season with 2 bucks. But shotgun season I look fowared to getting to see lots of deer, and that didn't happen, and I was looking fowared to see buckfever get a bear

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I only got out monday and could have shot a half rack in the morning, and a 1.5 yr old 10 in the afternoon - passed on both, but enjoyed the day. might get sat afternoon in for a couple of hours, but if not, no biggie. Lots of time left with Muzzy

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Bad week for me also. Saw 2 bears with no shots and no deer untill this afternoon, 3 does. I'm hunting public land and other bone head hunters are part of the reason for my crappy week. Oh well I look foward to the permit seasons. Good luck

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I have had a good week so far. I saw 4 bucks and about 25 does and a bear. I harvested one 8pt buck and a 250 pound bear so far.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
no offense guys but this season is the best for me having taken my first deer ever!!!

I'm sure in a few years I'll be in the same boat complaining!!

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
actually i have had one of my best seasons. after that 9 ptr i got i shot and missed a bigger 8. i have been seeing deer. but i have a bunch of little bucks under my belt. this 9 has been the biggest i have ever got so it made my season so far.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
after that 9 ptr i got i shot and missed a bigger 8.
[mad] :p

Did you notice anyone driving up there this week? I'm sure it was.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I left my honey hole to hunt zone one over at Beemerville (Space Farm) I tell you what, I had the best time of my life whith the old timers over there. I let Tripleplay hunt my stand on the opener and he nail a 5 pointer by 7:15. Every one, all four of them had a buck by 9:00 am. Me I was freezing my CULO off, it was 12 degrees in the morning. So I leave Monday night, and they shot something like 6 bucks on drive by Wendsday. I have been hunting every afternoon in the same farm were my friends clean up on Monday and I have only seen one Doe. Going back up to space farm for Saturday hunt.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.