New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, bought a house in June and got married in September. House is 95% done. All of our furniture has come from Cabin Creations on rt 206 in Montague, all custom log furniture at a reasonable price if anyone is interested. Plus they have a full line of pelts for sale from weasel to wolves! anyway back on topic. I bought a dining room set from a family friend, it is made of reclaimed barn wood from England, was shipped to nj and assembled here. Table and chairs are flawless, only problem is the table is about 2 feet too big for my kitchen. I need someone who is skilled/talented in this department and can cut about a 24 inch section out of the middle of table and add the tracks and create a leaf for me. I have a big family and all the holidays are at my place now so the leaf will be for holidays but day to day its just to big. Does anyone do this kind of work or can reccomend someone who does? Any help would be appreciated. As a deal sweetener whoever can help or point me in the right direction the dining room set i have now is YOURS free of charge. Let me know. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one?

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
It sounds simple.. you could prob find something online and get another buddy and do it yourself..

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Pm me you email.. I found some plans if interested. ..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it's not difficult but this table is worth like 8k (not what I paid for it) I really don't want to mess it up because I don't have the correct tools. Want a pro who can bang this out 123. I am very good with my hands but not to proud to ask for help. I'm more of a motor / welder guy. Wood I have found is very unforgiving.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Completely understand! Im the same way, but have been getting some splinters trying to work with more wood in my spare time. Good luck!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
I sent you a pm a few months ago with my buddies number. He makes high end furniture and will do it right.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
You got married at the Walpack Inn! Ask the guy who does the tables for sale there. He took that big oak outside the archery range and made tables out of it, so I'm guessing he's pretty good. Don't know who he is though, so your on your own tracking him down.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bwd I know Jimmy very well. He works more with logs and rough cut. Ducati can you resend me that info. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
Call Joe Takas, Glass Cabinet shop. The guy is top notch.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Doesn't sound like a simple "123" job to me.
Stop presenting it as such and you'll find the guy to do it.
Carpenters or any skilled tradesman don't like their work to be belittled. If its that simple just DIY.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts