New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
October 20th, this Thursday the North zone wood [no swearing please] season and state wide ruffed grouse season open![up] If your going to hunt the doodle birds remember you will need to get your HIP(Harvest Information Program) number... You can get the number by calling 1-800 WETLAND or online at http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/hipprog.htm
You will need your hunting license number when you call or visit on-line...

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Jim, weren't going to knock them dead, right?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi, new guy with a question here...

I've hunted pheasant and ducks all my life, but never woodcock. I've got a new pup this year, so want to try.

Here's my question -- where does the North Zone start vs. the South Zone for woodcock? Does it track the waterfowl/migratory bird zones? The Digest doesn't seem to say...

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tony

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jersey B du B,
First of all Welcome to the site![up]
where does the North Zone start vs. the South Zone for woodcock?
Route 70 from Point Pleasant to Camden is the boundary! Everything North of Rt 70 is the North Zone and everything South is ....well you get the point! :D
Hope to see you around the boards!.. Jim
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2004/migregs04.pdf

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Jim, I was going to ask you the same thing. How's Friday sometime. As far as place, you said you have a good wood [no swearing please] spot.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I am now. I have off on Friday.
Drag, that was my back up spot if Jim didn't want to give up his spot.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
If you want that's fine too. I also wanted to try Rockaway WMA. Some of the somes look good. But I do think the area of Flatbrook, Walpack, and the Gap could be a little better.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Jim, there are a lot of spots up there that look good. Have only seen a couple grouse and shot 1 woodcock. Lots of squirrels though.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Mack, don't worry, there will be pictures.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
ok good! im gonna try and get out this saturday to do some squirrel hunting and trap shooting. im gonna try whittingham.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts