New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just checking out the 2005-2006 small game seasons. Where does one exactly hunt woodchucks in nj? And if you cant hunt them with a rifle on state land where do you hunt them?

Seems like that would be fun.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Farmers love woodchucks...DEAD. Ask and many will let you kill as many as you want. It's a great way to get a foot in the door for deer seasons.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I have hundreds of them on my property. Them things are always in the field when I am Deer Hunting.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
No I think I am going to start. I will use Rifle and Bow.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Sit in the cedars and wait they will pop there heads up and you pop them off:D

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
careful,please make sure it is a "trophy" woodchuck before shooting....kidding,of course!
just like coyotes,those things are a nuisance and need to be thinned out,no matter what their size!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have hundreds of them on my property. Them things are always in the field when I am Deer Hunting
Would you like someone to come kill them for you? I kill hundreds of them during the year and I'm insured. I will only hunt the chucks, not any deer or turkey. E-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Ian, we have to take some of them cucks out on my property. There are allot of them out there.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
you hunt them? What do you use? bow? shotgun? 22 rifle?
All the rules are in the book, but to explain them in short it goes like this. You can only hunt them with a shotgun, bow or rifle. On state land you can NOT hunt them with a rifle, only shotgun and bow. Rifle must be a bullet grain weight of less than a 100 grains. This limits you to rifles less than a 243. ( which are 243, 222, 223, 22-250, 22 long, 22 mag, 22 hornet, 22 k-hornet, just to mention a few)
It is a LOT OF FUN and gets your foot in the door for deer!!!;) Also you do need to have a valid NJ rifle license (same one you would get for muzzelloader) I hunt all private land and shoot hogs out to 600 yards. I use a rmeington 700 in 243. I had some custom work done to it, but you dont need custom work to go out and have a blast!!! All you need is a good pair of compact binoculars, a small sand bag for the but of the rifle, a bi-pod, range finder for the long shots and some patience....Good luck

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Hey Sean, as long as you still have "the beater" (blazer).....lets just go out and run them over.

I mean how much fun would it be to launch that truck off of motocross jumps right ontop of unsuspecting woodchucks?

Im gonna go watch Caddyshack and pick up some pointers on hunting the little beasts.;)

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I have a rifle permit so whenever you want to go let's go

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Hey Sean, as long as you still have "the beater" (blazer).....lets just go out and run them over.

I mean how much fun would it be to launch that truck off of motocross jumps right ontop of unsuspecting woodchucks?
HAHAHA, Matty, you dont want to take your girlfriend out there no more!!! :D J/k Hope you got all the scratches out!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts