New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got to break in the new savage .17hmr
couldn't use the bipod, had to off hand this guy at 100 yards. the wheat is getting to high, tough to see them when they are feeding.

skinned, fleshed washed and boarded.
skullcrusher is getting it for fly tying.
******* gets the gland.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what do you get for the fur
skinned, fleshed washed and boarded.
skullcrusher is getting it for fly tying.
******* gets the gland.
skullcrusher or crittergitter is on here lurking, doesn't post much. i forget what he's goes by one here, don't remember which name. he's a very good fly tyer. spends a lot of time after trout with the fly rod.
he was looking for a few different pelts from me for his creations. i sold him a brown kit muskrat, a black kit muskrat, now a ground hog.
i think he's thinking along the lines of a muddler minnow or a softer deer hair popper.
if someone can put it good use, thats great. i just flipped it to fur out. now it needs a little dry time.

the glands are for trapping lure formulations.

·
Premium Member
12,369 Posts
[up][up]

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i just missed one.
in the wheat it's hard to tell which way the body is, all i can see is the top of the head every few minutes. i can't get them to stand at 150 yards out.

i like the .17hmr. when you hit one mid mass, all hell breaks loose. nice to see were the bullet hits through the scope, next to no recoil.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.