New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
very pleased i shopped for 2 seasons and used chimney sweep in newfoundland family run business good price on vermont casting and ss liner permit was a hold up but it gave me ample time to build hearth and secure wood reserves for free just bought a log splitter to splitt piles of aged white oak
the owner said one thing that stuck how many things in life are free now i shut my heat off just for hot water

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
why not build a heat exchanger for the flue, heat your own water too!~ we use wood up at the place in NY, almost too good, gotta leave a window open 4 inches or so to keep from sweating!

·
Registered
801 Posts
[up][up]I just installed a Vogelzang in Aug., the other day my oil company called and asked if everything is ok, as of sept ive only used 15gals of oil. FREE HEAT!! house is a steady 74 deg.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know shit i have free wood and just turned down my tankless system the heat over 75 yup it was 71 upstairs and 74 down basement 67 im happy

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Woodstove was the best investment I made. Good luck with it, its a lot of work but more reward. Try to collect wood cause when fuel/gas prices go up so does wood. Thankfully I havent bought wood in years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts