New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://proishunting.com/

My GF is going to order jacket and pants from here...

Próis™ Hunting finally answers our “Quest” for great Women’s Hunting Clothing and Gear. Throughout years of hunting, we at Próis™ became amazed at the fact that there was literally nothing on the market for women who hunt.

This “Quest” for Women’s Hunting Clothing soon became an obsession; we thought women’s huntwear must be something of a myth! While we attempt to avoid sounding like a frustrated feminists, we found it unreasonable that successful women hunters could not find appropriate gear for their sport. Simple concept we thought; Combine technical hunting components, functional fabric and an athletic composition, and unite it with patterns that are engineered to the female form…Voila, Próis™ Hunting Apparel!

We are very excited to launch Próis™ Hunting Apparel, we are certain serious female hunters (whether novice or expert) will love our clothing and gear.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thank you for sharing this! It's about time someone developed a "serious' clothing line for women. I did buy two clothing items from "she safari" and while they are ok, there were definitely some girly aspects about the clothing that didn't make sense (i.e. orange snap tabs so you can roll up the sleeves so you can be fashionable - that broke off the first time i played around with them).

the clothing seems expensive, but might be worth it if the quality is good. You will have to let me know how your GF likes her clothes she ordered. I couldn't find many reviews on it yet.

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The prices are high but the clothes look good and they have sizes, the only other women clothes are in cabelas, my GF is a size 2, cabelas thinks only extra large women hunt...nothing in her size.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hahah yah. I had to go to wisconsin to find any women's clothing gear... and even that wasn't the best. Do you know if this company sells at any retails stores in the area, or can you only order from the website? I never even SAW hunting clothing for women at Cabela's... I've only seen camo undies and bathing suits there haha.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
my GF is a size 2, cabelas thinks only extra large women hunt...nothing in her size
Tell me about it !!! I am 5'4" tall and weigh 113 pounds right now. Can't find anything that fits properly that's affordable [confused]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
This looks like some quality early season gear:

You better invest in a Thermacell though!

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Like any of us gals are REALLY going to go hunting in THAT, at least for four FOUR legged animals . . . get real Matty :D

Like, where's here arrows and her release ??? [lol][lol][eyeroll][eyeroll]

·
Registered
37 Posts
I used to be a size 3 at 5'6 and weighted 118 before I had my little girl. I use to just shop in the youth department and but I had to get an XL. Help this info helps some women out. Now that I am bigger I bought some camo for Mossy oak directly and they had some clothing for women and with a reasonable price tag. It has pink mossy oak symbol and lining but not completely noticeable.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I use to just shop in the youth department and but I had to get an XL.
That's what I do most of the time NatashaC, but find that the pants are always way to long in the crotch. I have also ordered ladies clothing from Cabelas a few times, but even the Ladies 4's, when they do have them, just aren't proportioned correctly.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
Yes I'm very lucky...she's also wealthy, beautiful and 7 years younger than me
[kiss][up]

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
(This is NJfarmGirl)

Thanks CMCH buckhunter for the additional info. I definitely need to do some research before I go out and buy any gear... I may just stick with the old camo that I borrow from my fiancee for this year and see what I can really use during this season and get it for next year.

Matty, if I was as skinny as the chick in that picture, I could probably wear any 14 year old boy's gear. Fortunately, I'm a little curvier...thus making it hard for my hips to squeeze comfortably into a nice pair of pants where the crotch sits down by my knees anyway. haha.

Anyway, the point is to have NORMAL gear that is functional... not some dolled up version of guys clothes with pink ribbons on them. Just normal clothes that fit better :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
hardy har har iron duke.... I do both! Beat that :)

Deadeye... I had purchased some items from she safari and have used them.

Pro Series Long Sleeve Shirt:
While very soft material, I found this to be very poorly constructed and not worth the money spent. It was good for half of last year's deer season and this turkey season. But they have snaps and ties that come right off. And they are more for fashion than for utility.

Cargo Hunter Pants: Were super high-waisted and very tight around the waist (even though they fit everywhere else). I should have upgraded to the same material as the shirt... this material isn't as soft or comfortable.

Both these items were good for warmer weather. I didn't test every article of clothing though, so I can't speak for them all.... Again, nice clothes if you are going to hang out, but for the serious hunter (huntress?) I wouldn't recommend that brand other than for fashion reasons :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts