New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man oh man i can not believe this.

Basically, a woman who owns a pest removal service is being charged after a squirrel died in one of the traps that was in an attic.

You should def read the story. This guy Amato is getting out of hand. Some of the charges he has filed against people in the past include a man who let his rabbit go in the wild.

I feel sorry for the woman who is now facing these ridiculous charges. And basically she has no recourse now. I cant even imagine being in her shoes and thinking, "is this really happening." It sounds like a story from the freaking twilight zone.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090523/STATE/90523002&s=d&page=1

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
This Amato guy is nuckin' futs.

I guess it would have been perfectly legal to capture the squirrel alive, and drown, gas, or poison it.

Does anyone know this-I thought the trap regulation (24 hrs) was a regulation from DFW. Can the ASPCA guy try to enforce this by bringing a charge in municipal court?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Totally out of hand.

She did fail to check the trap within 24 hours though.

I don't care for tree rats. I wish I could shoot the damn things that get into our veggies every year.

Maybe we can get a law requiring Conibear traps but that'd probably offend some liberal's sensitivities.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
They are using ALOT of the money from fines to renovate that humane shelter on Wykoff rd. in Tinton Falls.The town actually found that a family was living there.[down]A couple of years ago they took my black lab out of the kennel in the back yard.The reason-and im not joking-the animal control officer told the judge he thought the dog was abandoned becouse there was a For Sale sign on the front yard.WTF[confused]My dog was well taken care of and he even told the judge that.Judge threw his charges out and told him he needed more training

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Guys I have been saying this for a long time now. If you step out of the fish and wildlife law you can be written by spca and they can send you to jail.
this is where alot of guy get into trouble with pigons because fish and wildlife never said they can be killed spca said they can't.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
She should have been checking her traps every 24hr's and none of this would have happened to her. Its her fault. What if she set a trap for something larger and it was a dog or cat that was caught by accident and died in the heat. Same outcome......

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
im kinda surprised. amato i believe is big time hunter.im gonna guess that squirrel would have died in a couple hours.i wonder if the 24 hour rule has to do with licensed conibear traps.i bet pest control has nothing to do with the trapping codes.this is just ridiculous.

·
Banned
5,619 Posts
She should have been checking her traps every 24hr's and none of this would have happened to her. Its her fault. What if she set a trap for something larger and it was a dog or cat that was caught by accident and died in the heat. Same outcome......
I agree 100%. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.