New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad and I just got back today. To start with, we did not get a wolf. However, it was an awesome time. We were hunting in Alberta, close to the Brazeau Dam. We flew into Edmonton, and the guide drove us 2 and 1/2 hours to camp. The last 30 miles were on dirt roads. We were out there. It's hard to describe, but it is so quiet at times the silence is deafening. We did not get a shot at the wolves. they are truly the ghosts of the woods. We herd them, but couldn't get them to come out of the bush. Hearing them howl is eerie and beautiful, definitely made the hair on my neck stand up. We hunted in a blind over a bait spot, hoping to catch them checking the bait or chasing each other. Tried calling them, got an answer but couldnt get them to come look. Lots of coyotes, dad shot one. Lots of moose and elk tracks. Dad also saw a lynx. Hunted in the am for a few hours, then come in for lunch, then an afternoon hunt until dark. I attempted a night hunt, went out at 11pm and sat thru the morning. Just didn't have enough of the moon to really see far. It was MINUS 21 degrees when I walked to my blind that night. Took my breath away. Enjoy the pics!
Camp

collect calls

the "office" no door, great view!

my trail into blind. watch out for sasquatch!

dad's yote

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They took a couple of wolves this winter, including a nice black one. Only 2 hunters in camp at a time. He has only had 4-5 teams in this winter. Outfitter is Elk River Outfitters
http://www.elkriveroutfitters.ca/index.htm
He is out in camp most of the time - no access to email. Best to call Ernie directly - 403-783-0612
They are always at harrisburg show.

·
Registered
17,068 Posts
Donna, Congrats to your dad; Nice yote! Enjoyed the pics, thanks. [up][up]

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Nice pics donna. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
all meals were cooked on this beautiful antique stove. It heated the main cabin and also was a steady supply of hot water.

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Awesome !!! My kinda lifestyle !!!!!
I like the stack of coni-boxes, I'm guessing he wasn't trapping while you were there.
Wolves, Lynx, Martin, Fisher, Beaver, Otter, Coyotes, etc. etc. I'm drool'n !!!

Why no door on the 'office' ?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Now that's a hunting camp.Real cool pictures thanks for sharing them with us,nice to be able to spend time like that with your dad.Your a great daughter you know your dad enjoys the time you guys spend together[up][up][up]I only hope my son spends time with me when he gets older.[up]

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
great camp.
i would love to spend some time up there.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts