New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'm back to work. The poison ivy is going away enough to get back to work.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Did ya get it on the Bung hole again :D

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah, i hung a new stand on my new club property and the tree was covered in vines. i was cleaning the ivy out of the tree. i knew what it was. i wore gloves and all but still got it. There was no other tree available in the area that i wanted to hunt so i had to use it. i just hope i can't get it from the trunk. maybe i'll just leave that tree alone for sometime and look elsewhere. i don't know.

Did ya get it on the Bung hole again
No bung hole. everywhere else tho.[sad]

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Woj,

I know how you feel. I used to get poison ivy every year. It stinks. Hang in there bud.

David

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Anytime you go into the woods, do yourself a favor, as soon as you get back to your house take a shower. It'll help reduce the amount of spreading you could do with poison ivy. A doctor I had when I was younger had explained that it's the oil from the plant which causes the breakout you see. If you wash it off within 30 mins, you won't get it. If any of it remains on your clothes or body parts, you can spread it but touching yourself in other areas.

David

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i always carry purell hand cleaner too. the minute i get back to my truck i was all exposed areas. i did it this time to but what can i say. it got me.[down]

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Woj is worse than a little girl/crybaby!!!

We both saw the poison ivy on the tree when we walked the property a few weeks ago, and we both agreed that the one and only vine could easily be cut down and removed.

The thing is that when you rip the vine off of the tree while wearing gloves, you have to toss the gloves off before touching your tree stand and ladder, instead of climbing all over the place with the gloves on,then taking the gloves off and touching the same spots barehanded.

..And Woj, don't try to use the "being Polish" excuse, because I'm 3/4 Polish and I'm not THAT stupid!!!!:D:p[smirk]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts