New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking into wma ranges near me. they told me you need a valid nj hunting lic to use the range.what lic do they issue in summer?turkey?
is a valid rifle pemit ok ? any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I've been shooting at Assunpink on sunday mornings for years now with my fellow club members and we never been asked for any ID, but the posted sign does say for nj lic only.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah but what is a valid lic? i have my shotgun lic from last dec.is that still valid or do i need to buy a new one, can you even buy one in the summer ?

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
You can buy new licenses any time during the year. If you haven't bought your new one yet just bring your old one. I don't think they really care, in fact I've never been checked or asked.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Ultraslughunter, since you have one from last DEC I'm under the impression you don't hunt the Jan and Feb winter season. Or do you think your Dec. license covers that? inquisitive minds want to know.:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah i didnt get out jan/feb i started hunting later than most this will be my second year out (i'll be 30). still havent killed anything but hopefully that'll change come september

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Careful on those state ranges-About 10 years ago I took a .50 cal conical bullet to the chest!The guy next to me was shooting his muzzleoader and the round went 100 yds downrange and must have richoceted of something(behind the target backstop) and came all the way back to my bench and about knocked me over when it hit.
Luckily,the slug did not penetrate.It must have lost alot of energy and I was wearing a heavy Carhart jacket.I did have a black&blue spot on my chest from the impact and the slug was still hot to the touch.
Me and the other shooter were both really suprised and I guess I was really lucky.I never have shot a muzzleloader or slug gun again at a state range.I don't know if their conditions had improved or not,but they used to be pretty bad. I've long since joined a legitimate sportsmens club to do the majority of my shooting.However,I still may pattern a turkey gun at the state range,that's it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts