New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I've been shooting at Assunpink on sunday mornings for years now with my fellow club members and we never been asked for any ID, but the posted sign does say for nj lic only.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Careful on those state ranges-About 10 years ago I took a .50 cal conical bullet to the chest!The guy next to me was shooting his muzzleoader and the round went 100 yds downrange and must have richoceted of something(behind the target backstop) and came all the way back to my bench and about knocked me over when it hit.
Luckily,the slug did not penetrate.It must have lost alot of energy and I was wearing a heavy Carhart jacket.I did have a black&blue spot on my chest from the impact and the slug was still hot to the touch.
Me and the other shooter were both really suprised and I guess I was really lucky.I never have shot a muzzleloader or slug gun again at a state range.I don't know if their conditions had improved or not,but they used to be pretty bad. I've long since joined a legitimate sportsmens club to do the majority of my shooting.However,I still may pattern a turkey gun at the state range,that's it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts