New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out in my backyard this afternoon shooting my bow when eight deer came running across the street from my neighbors yard right into my backyard. I was just on my way to go get my arrows when i saw them coming. I stopped and stood there as they walked right behind the target at about thirty yards. I was so tempted to grab an arrow out of the quiver and let one fly!!!!!!!!haha oh well Ill see them in the fall

B

·
0 Posts
Same here for me, I saw a really nice 10 pointer this morning around 11:30am

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
All the deer i took this year and i didnt even dent the herd. I mean still a waaaay too many does in the area.

I took 10 deer this year,8 with the biow and 2 with the gun. a 5 point and a 6 point aand the rest were doe. Had a few close close calls with a few large deer but never let an arrow go.

Feel like im trying to manage everything alone b/c the place is still overflowing with doe after the season.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
HEY LIVES IN TREES.,, WHERE ARE YOU HUNTIN?
IV ALMOST FORGOT WHAT DEER LOOK LIKE IN MY AREAS
WORST SEASON EVER FOR ME WHATS UP???

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Thanks, in hunting in bedminster mostly. I cant wait for next year either. Plenty of big deer in the area i just havent connected yet!

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
me friend hunts in bedminster. he hunts johnson and johnson's property. it's around 700 acres. he says a couple of the Jets hunt there too. he pretty much has a pick of deer.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Actaully they own part of the land that i used to hunt.

I edited my post for those who saw it b//c i didnt wanna have hard feelings with anyone

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Wasn't there a big buck killed in or around Bedminster several years ago, was a state record for bow at the time, I believe at 185 or so P & Y points and dressed over 200 pounds. Killed by a guy named George Behr(sp?), but I don't see it listed anywhere and have heard nothing about it after the initial reports. Anyone know what happened with that buck?

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Hey Lives in Trees,

If you ever need a helping handing removing some of them deer, please feel free to give me a call. I live in Edison which is not far, and would love to go somewhere where I see deer.

Unfortunately, I have to hunt state land as I don't have any private property to go to.

David

1 - 20 of 22 Posts