New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Milwaukee, WI Police Chief Ed Flynn is playing with political nitro glycerin, and he doesn’t seem to realize it, or perhaps he simply doesn’t care.

Quoted by the La Crosse Tribune, Chief Flynn says he will ignore a finding by State Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen that peaceable open carry of firearms is legal. Flynn’s directive to officers in his department is “if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we’ll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it.”

The chief displayed a rather cavalier, if not outright arrogant, attitude when he added, “Maybe I’ll end up with a protest of cowboys. In the meantime, I’ve got serious offenders with access to handguns. It’s irresponsible to send a message to them that if they just carry it openly no one can bother them.”

·
Registered
352 Posts
From the wiki page on this tool I immediately see the problem.

Edward A. Flynn (born circa 1948), is an American law enforcement official, currently serving as Chief of the Milwaukee Police Department. [1]

Edward Flynn began his law enforcement career rising through the ranks of the Jersey City, New Jersey Police Department, serving as officer, sergeant, lieutenant, captain, and inspector.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Quoted by the La Crosse Tribune, Chief Flynn says he will ignore a finding by State Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen that peaceable open carry of firearms is legal. Flynn’s directive to officers in his department is “if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we’ll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it.”
The first legal citizen he does this to will have hit the legal lottery and every attorney for miles will cream thier pants for thier cut of the lawsuit.

The AG is not only the chief law enforcement officer of the state, he is also the chief legal officer and his word is law and has the last word on gun laws.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Edward Flynn began his law enforcement career rising through the ranks of the Jersey City, New Jersey Police Department, serving as officer, sergeant, lieutenant, captain, and inspector
That explains everything. At first I was confused.....now it all makes sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.